Third Party Press

Stolen ZF4 scope, leather cover, eyepiece, and carry box

Yes unfortunately //// USPS dumped the package on my door step and left it there unsecured and it was stolen......

Wow! That suuuuucks. Sorry to hear that.

Sad part is the douche probably wanted an iPad or something, he won’t even know what he has.

Do you have a tracking number? Was it insured?

I deal with the USPS all the time. It may be worth going to the local USPS with your tracking number and asking them for the GPS coordinates that the package was last scanned at. After explaining your issue they should give it to you. Not knowing the full story, it may be worth seeing if it was accidentally delivered to another house.

Damned postman dropped off an insured priority mail
package on my front porch...........and walked away !!!!!!!!

I once had the same thing happen with a sauer HT.....knew it was supposed to arrive that day...got home expecting to find the claim slip in my mail box only to find it standing against the front door...near dark...20 ft from the street.!

Will keep an eye out on Ebay in case the dirt bag is stealing stuff and craigslisting it or ebaying his scores. Heard of it happening before.

Everytime a package is scanned the GPS coordinates are uploaded to the USPS system. Not saying this is your case, but several times I've had customers say packages weren't received but USPS said it was delivered. Turns out most of the time the packages are accidentally delivered to a house near yours. Ask for the GPS coordinates of the last package scan. Doesn't happen often, but it's worth checking into.

If you live close to neighbors you may want to ask them if they have security cameras and see if they can look at the footage. My parents security cameras record and store a weeks worth of video. Also, after talking with USPS file a police report, if the item ends up at a pawn shop in your area this will help you retrieve it. As others have said I'd call around to the pawn shops and give them a heads up and tell them you've filed a police report.

Do you have pictures of the items?

Sorry this happened. Thieves are the worst.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back