Third Party Press

K98k Laminate Stock Date and Supplier Codes

Since I had these, I figured I would post them. BYF 43, 1601. Stock stamp looks like Ha 2 51 42. Buttplate is marked ”org”
The buttplate is 'brg' for H. W. Schmidt in Döbeln who is the subcontractor that supplied it to MO. Ink stamp is for acceptance. I can't make out the number under the WaA. I thought they were 497? Ha is the laminate supplier code and that date would be Tuesday, December 15, 1942 (if I did that right) which works for a '43 rifle, probably assembled early.

I sorta thought it was a “b”, but under the light, I assumed the letter was a “o” with a scratch above it. :)
The buttplate is 'brg' for H. W. Schmidt in Döbeln who is the subcontractor that supplied it to MO. Ink stamp is for acceptance. I can't make out the number under the WaA. I thought they were 497? Ha is the laminate supplier code and that date would be Tuesday, December 15, 1942 (if I did that right) which works for a '43 rifle, probably assembled early.
Thanks! Tough to make out, but maybe 147?

What/where does the Ha indicate?

I sorta thought it was a “b”, but under the light, I assumed the letter was a “o” with a scratch above it. :)

Thanks! Tough to make out, but maybe 147?

What/where does the Ha indicate?
Yeah 147 makes sense since they were in Döbeln. The Ha is just some code for what factory supplied the laminate blank. Probably for quality control. I don't know 'who' that was.

So has there been any Progress with what the 'P' Stamps on the upper stocks of the early Lam Luftwaffe K98's? Is it simply P for 'Prototype'? Also to note I posted my massively stamped 37 Early Lam stock that had no Date code Is there any news on what the approximate date is for the Early stocks? Cheers From Oz. It's been some years since i've tried to keep up with the progress. Great to see someone still making the effort. Good on ya mate!

So has there been any Progress with what the 'P' Stamps on the upper stocks of the early Lam Luftwaffe K98's? Is it simply P for 'Prototype'? Also to note I posted my massively stamped 37 Early Lam stock that had no Date code Is there any news on what the approximate date is for the Early stocks? Cheers From Oz. It's been some years since i've tried to keep up with the progress. Great to see someone still making the effort. Good on ya mate!

Stock on a mismatched rifle:
Stock Date: 2-47-39
S/N: 2611e (original rifle)
Inspector’s stamp: WaA26 ( Mauser Borsigwalde
Stockmaker’s code: unreadable
Note: This stock was originally applied to an “e” block rifle from M-B in 1940 because a stock date of 2-47-39 is too late in the year for a 1939 “e” block rifle.

Last edited:
Stock on a mismatched rifle:
Stock Date: 2-47-39
S/N: 2611e (original rifle)
Inspector’s stamp: WaA26 ( Mauser Borsigwalde
Stockmaker’s code: unreadable
Note: This stock was originally applied to an “e” block rifle from M-B in 1940 because a stock date of 2-47-39 is too late in the year for an “e” block rifle.
tuesday nov 21st ‘39, if i counted right. 3-6 months ‘shelf time’ may have been the norm in ‘39.

Military Rifle Journal
Back