Third Party Press

Byf 42 Rig (Black Grips)

mauser1908

This was a recent addition. My first Mauser made luger or first Nazi era P08 for that matter. Holster was made by G. Passier in Hannover. Very pleased with this rig.

a.jpgb.jpgc.jpge.jpgIMG_8435.jpgIMG_8436.jpgIMG_8441.jpgIMG_8443.jpgIMG_8459.jpgIMG_8461.jpgIMG_8462.jpgIMG_8466.jpgIMG_8468.jpgIMG_8472.jpgIMG_8474.jpegIMG_8477.jpgIMG_8478.jpgIMG_8475.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures are not the best but it’s a nice example from what I can see.

Thanks, couldn't get the lighting to cooperate with me that day. Here is a better one.

IMG_8604.jpgIMG_8605.jpg

Really nice Luger rig. Now you need to find an e/135 takedown tool.

Thanks, that's the plan along with another type 4 mag, was at the OGCA today and found a lot of e/655, e/63 and G Date tools but not a single e/135 unfortunately. On another note, did the GSD in your profile picture grow up to be a sable and or black and tan/red? I have a solid black GSD myself, great dogs.

I found my e/135 tool out of pure luck. They cost a little more than most other tools. Send me a PM with email or phone number, I’ll send you some photos of Reichert. He’s 1.5 years now.

Nice Luger. It has been mine experience that pistols are hard to photograph. Thanks for sharing.

"I'm very pleased with this rig....'

You should be pleased !!!!! It's a very nice "Black Widow" rig.
(I have 4 of the byf '41 and '42 rigs. Two are "Black Widow", and 2 are "Brown Recluse". They all pulled me into their web...and now I'm bitten. Looks like you are too.)

Thanks guys, that’s the goal eventually, to have one of each for 1941 and 42. An original 42 1940 with black grips would be nice, but only 2% of them had the grips applied at the factory, so validation is a real concern.

They are addicting, I’ve handled Mauser made P08s but this is the first I’ve been able to completely examine and I think they may actually be finished better machining wise than DWMs, all finish issues aside with the dip blue. Wish I had an early rust blued one to really compare.

Nice Luger. It has been mine experience that pistols are hard to photograph. Thanks for sharing.

"I'm very pleased with this rig....'

You should be pleased !!!!! It's a very nice "Black Widow" rig.
(I have 4 of the byf '41 and '42 rigs. Two are "Black Widow", and 2 are "Brown Recluse". They all pulled me into their web...and now I'm bitten. Looks like you are too.)

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back