Third Party Press

Help needed with Kar98k waffenamts!

Hello everyone,

My name is Max and have been looking to buy an authentic Kar98k. I have found one which I believe to be an authentic Kar98k manufactured at dot/Waffenwerke Brünn in Brno during 1943. The rifle has matching serial numbers and correct WaA63 or E63 waffenamts, but also has WaA135 or E135 and WaA214 or E214 waffenamts. After the research I have done I could only find similar waffenamts on other dot made kar98ks but that’s it. If anyone has any idea as to why there would be WaA214/E214 and WaA135/E135 waffenamts on this rifle let me know. Thanks I’m advance!

Respectfully,

Max

Last edited:
RC means Russian Capture. K98's captured by Russian forces, later disassembled and refurbished then thrown back together with total disregard to matching numbers leading to total mismatched original serial numbers but they re-stamped or electro penciled the numbers to match. Also known in the gun collector community as "force matching".

Russian capture, 98k's captured by the Russians, reworked multiple times with mismatched parts....

Really, its hard to judge anything without some pictures...

Did you add the link?

Interesting rifle, looking forward to some analysis...but you shouldn't post live auction links...

1. You just advertised it to everyone, so now a lot more guys may be looking at it, so the chances of it sneaking by reasonably greatly diminishes…

2. Guys may have been watching hoping it sneaks under the radar, now it won't...

Plus it's against the rules here...the best way is to send a link via PM to a guy or two...

Military Rifle Journal
Back