Third Party Press

Sg.84/98 crs 41 "Tropical"

I have never actually seen an 'L' series. Slash tells me the L is inline with the serial. Sort of like clc44 serials I guess.

All of the L block pieces I have recorded have been in this format. 1295 has been post-war refurbished.

Attachments

• 922L.jpg
    922L.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 19
  • 1295L 01.jpg
    1295L 01.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2460L 01.jpg
    2460L 01.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 4794L 01.jpg
    4794L 01.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 20
I could only confirm the excellent comments of Slash 41crs production, even i dont have confirmed the over 11000 pcs in e range and 13000 in S range.
Important is the missing of using of series letters between range e-K.
b.r.Andy

I could only confirm the excellent comments of Slash 41crs production, even i dont have confirmed the over 11000 pcs in e range and 13000 in S range.
Important is the missing of using of series letters between range e-K.
b.r.Andy

Andrej, your research has of course contributed greatly to what was written above. Thanks as always ....

The L series includes marked and unmarked versions, there exists a 5 digit S with both scabbard and ricasso marked, and Tr series that is not year or maker marked at all. If you count four digit Tr, that is another version. I was not aware that e block came in a 5 digit version. Yet another version. I have never actually seen an 'L' series. Slash tells me the L is inline with the serial. Sort of like clc44 serials I guess. Andy is correct about the facebook page. Name is K98k Bayonet Collectors Network. Lots of nice examples posted there.

Dug these older URLs out by going thru my attachments:

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?29542-Show-Reports

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?24178-40crs

Last edited:
It got here today. Great piece and one where you can tell the frog is the one that was on it. It doesn't look ever removed so I'm not, but I got this pic which I think works:

IMG_9786.jpg

It got here today. Great piece and one where you can tell the frog is the one that was on it. It doesn't look ever removed so I'm not, but I got this pic which I think works:

Thanks Craig. I wouldn't risk damaging the frog trying to remove ....

I know its anecdotal but I have seen several 42 CRS Scabbards with traces of dunkelgelb and I have one that came from a vet in DAK Frog and Belt. (The blade also looks likes its been polished digging stuff out of sand, and there was sand packed in the grips) I wonder if a large lot of them were allocated south.

Attachments

• DCP_0216.jpg
    DCP_0216.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 18
I know its anecdotal but I have seen several 42 CRS Scabbards with traces of dunkelgelb and I have one that came from a vet in DAK Frog and Belt. (The blade also looks likes its been polished digging stuff out of sand, and there was sand packed in the grips) I wonder if a large lot of them were allocated south.
Lets see more photos of your bayonet, frog, buckle and belt. Start a new thread. Thanks.

Military Rifle Journal
Back