Third Party Press

42 1940 Mauser K98, new condition?

I did not win auction,this is the way it was sent to my dad,I still have it, last bid (4400,00)did not make asking bid, so I pulled it.

I see. So it was put up for auction at some point by you but it did not hit reserve. Who sent the rifle to your father?

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum. A great many knowledgeable folks in these parts! Always something new to learn!

Why are you so negative?

Guys, this dude TheMuskrat11 PM'd me and asked me for an "apology". I think he wants me to apologize to him for rendering an opinion of a rifle he tried to auction off for over $4k back in 2006 that he alleges he owns. I think I'm owed an apology for the 30 seconds of my life lost to opening and reading such an idiotic PM.

Guys, this dude TheMuskrat11 PM'd me and asked me for an "apology". I think he wants me to apologize to him for rendering an opinion of a rifle he tried to auction off for over $4k back in 2006 that he alleges he owns. I think I'm owed an apology for the 30 seconds of my life lost to opening and reading such an idiotic PM.

There is something off about this whole thing...plus the dude talks like Ike...

As someone following this for the past few days who wasn't here in 2011, this has got to be trolling. Newcomer bumps a 7 year old thread claiming to have owned an obviously reworked gun for the past 50+ years (Hmmmm, maybe 50 is his favorite number). Then, when asked to furnish proof of said rifle, all that's provided is a picture of a catalog from a past auction, not an actual picture of said rifle or anything remotely resembling a rifle. Simply trolling. I suppose we might see the 5 same pictures uploaded over and over again as "proof". Better get the Gestapo Boyz on the case!

Either way a troll and obviously a narcissist; which when you add the fact that he is also a fool and lacks any credibility in a subject we could possibly cover here, he is ripe for expulsion...

There is something off about this whole thing...plus the dude talks like Ike...

Either way a troll and obviously a narcissist; which when you add the fact that he is also a fool and lacks any credibility in a subject we could possibly cover here, he is ripe for expulsion...

I was going to start a Narcissists Anonymous chapter but I don't want to be around a group of people talking about themselves.

Negitive

Should be bone head, not hambone

Anyone live in Mass? Around Taunton ? That's part of or senior member? If so I will show then the gun in person,and let him evaluate it ,and that will end this.I am not a troll.or a BSer. Thanks. John

Anyone live in Mass? Around Taunton ? That's part of or senior member? If so I will show then the gun in person,and let him evaluate it ,and that will end this.I am not a troll.or a BSer. Thanks. John

No one needs to see it, it's already been thoroughly vetted from the available pics...it is what it is, can't help you don't like the truth.

I'm sorry, these people here won't be able to help you a lot. Especially this hambone guy, I doubt he ever picked up a Mauser related book in his entire life. You're better off posting your rifle in the K98 section on Gunboards.com. There's a seasoned expert by the name of "ShooterIke" who will tell you everything you need to know about your rifle. He can tell you if it may have been brought back by an officer as war booty or if it may be an SS rifle. Give it a try.

Holy cow, this thread is almost as good as a Bond movie. Some folks just won't take no for an answer. Hey, I forgot, I have Hitlers PPK that he used at the end, although it has been cleverly disguised (I'm guessing by the KGB after the war) by etching the Smith and Wesson logo on the slide. But I guess this isn't the proper place for that discussion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Be pointless too see a rifle in person that was faked seven years ago and has already been discussed. Your rifle is humped accept it!

Or you can talk too shooterike and he will tell you its a rare rifle made up from parts by an Armorer in Russia used in Stalingrad. He got his knowledge from Thomas Jefferson on that subject.

Barrel band.

Something caught my eye. Look at your barrel band. Look at the milling marks and the position of the numbers on yours compared to mine (42 1940 no letter block).

4240i.jpg

36263168_2404915579734831_8506609520628203520_n.jpg

Might be crazy but it doesnt look right. If someone more knowledgeable could chime in?

Military Rifle Journal
Back