Third Party Press

variant dkl high and low turret

sauer

hi for your culture
here are two types of high turret dkl
the difference is at the level of the rear foot
So you have to know that at Sauer, there are two types of high turret rear base: a high and low base
for a base sauer bass you must imperatively a dkl with the RW logo on his foot
just look at these pictures

Attachments

• sauer variant 001 [hugo].jpg
    sauer variant 001 [hugo].jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 73
  • sauer variant 002 [hugo].jpg
    sauer variant 002 [hugo].jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 56
  • sauer variant 003 [hugo].JPG
    sauer variant 003 [hugo].JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 61
  • sauer variant 004 [hugo].JPG
    sauer variant 004 [hugo].JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 58
  • sauer variant 005 [hugo].JPG
    sauer variant 005 [hugo].JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 53
  • sauer variant 006 [hugo].JPG
    sauer variant 006 [hugo].JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 54
  • sauer variant 007 [hugo].JPG
    sauer variant 007 [hugo].JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 58
  • sauer variant 008 [hugo].JPG
    sauer variant 008 [hugo].JPG
    221 KB · Views: 57
Well, look at that. Two different setups.

You sure do have an eye for minor variances, I would not have noticed that right off.

Thanks for posting!

Jeff

Well, look at that. Two different setups.

You sure do have an eye for minor variances, I would not have noticed that right off.

Thanks for posting!

Jeff

thank you
now members of this forum have to find dkl with the RW logo
indeed I have another dkl high turret with this logo and this difference in height of this rear foot

re turret variant

I assume the mounts will fit either ring set? Meaning they are interchangeable?

no
look
best regards

Attachments

• sauer variant 012 [hugo].JPG
    sauer variant 012 [hugo].JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 58
  • sauer variant 018 [hugo].JPG
    sauer variant 018 [hugo].JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 51
Great info, thanks again. Every day that I learn something is a good one! Especially on this subject.

Jeff

Great info, thanks again. Every day that I learn something is a good one! Especially on this subject.

Jeff

I know
I buy and I look a lot the details of each scope
for now on this forum, all 98k turrets high sauer I saw had a thick back base, so scope without logo RW

Very interesting Xavier. The scope on my JPS High Turret is the Khales H4x60. The rear foot has a RW logo. The front ring does not. It fits perfectly on my rifle (even though it does not match).

Perhaps this is evidence that JPS was able to make their own bases and rings? RW marked ones are from Mauser. None marked ones are JPS produced?

Thanks for sharing this information with us!

Very interesting Xavier. The scope on my JPS High Turret is the Khales H4x60. The rear foot has a RW logo. The front ring does not. It fits perfectly on my rifle (even though it does not match).

Perhaps this is evidence that JPS was able to make their own bases and rings? RW marked ones are from Mauser. None marked ones are JPS produced?

you can put a picture of your marking
when I have time
I will put a picture of my third Dkl
thank you

Matt , if I am not mistaken , according to all the info we have regarding Sauer it is known that Sauer only assembled Rifles from parts they manufactured no K98 Parts . That said it seems unlikely that Sauer would manufacture HT Rings & Base . More likely that some other company manufactured these IMHO.

Matt , if I am not mistaken , according to all the info we have regarding Sauer it is known that Sauer only assembled Rifles from parts they manufactured no K98 Parts . That said it seems unlikely that Sauer would manufacture HT Rings & Base . More likely that some other company manufactured these IMHO.
Good point. That is the over all point I am trying to make. Someone other then Mauser supplied them with parts. Whether that was JPS making them or another company I'd love to find out who.

I'll get a picture of my scope's rear foot.

DKL No RW Proof

Here is my DKL. No RW proof on scope. Sauer HT Rifle has RW on front base.

Attachments

• IMG_1500.jpg
    IMG_1500.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 28
Good point. That is the over all point I am trying to make. Someone other then Mauser supplied them with parts. Whether that was JPS making them or another company I'd love to find out who.

I'll get a picture of my scope's rear foot.

you start to deepen the subject
thank you

Is there any reliable listing of subcontractors which may have, pre-war, manufactured sporting bases, and may have then begun providing mounts and bases according to the wartime design we now see? Location may be a key point.

Jeff

Another question I have, as I do not own a Sauer HT or scope set to compare to MO examples, is either one of these mount sets interchangeable with MO bases/rings? If so, which set?

Jeff

Last edited:
Another question I have, as I do not own a Sauer HT or scope set to compare to MO examples, is either one of these mount sets interchangeable with MO bases/rings? If so, which set?

Jeff

My current DKL scope and the DKL I sold here on forum fit both my BYF A block and my BYF I block rifles.

I had a Kahles H4X60 Sauer Scope that I traded here as well. Unfortunately I did not have it long enough to try it on BYF Rifles. It was a quick trade. I would guess it would though as it fit my Sauer Turret just like the DKLs.

Military Rifle Journal
Back