Third Party Press

variant dkl high and low turret

Another question I have, as I do not own a Sauer HT or scope set to compare to MO examples, is either one of these mount sets interchangeable with MO bases/rings? If so, which set?

Jeff

Yes as Brian pointed out Sauer used scopes (as I call them) usually fit on Mauser rifles fine. However, it can be tough to find a Mauser scope that fits well on a Sauer High Turret. I would guess that Sauer had tighter tolerances.

This really is interesting. Perhaps there was another supplier of parts. Was there another firm that was making these bases and small parts for Mauser and merely sent them to Sauer? Or are all the bases and rings on Sauer rifles in fact Mauser produced just not marked as such?

Yes as Brian pointed out Sauer used scopes (as I call them) usually fit on Mauser rifles fine. However, it can be tough to find a Mauser scope that fits well on a Sauer High Turret. I would guess that Sauer had tighter tolerances.

This really is interesting. Perhaps there was another supplier of parts. Was there another firm that was making these bases and small parts for Mauser and merely sent them to Sauer? Or are all the bases and rings on Sauer rifles in fact Mauser produced just not marked as such?

You can find Mauser HT`s that have no Proof Marks or Inspection Markings with exception of the Rear Base . Some of the Sauer HT`s are also devoid of any Proof Marks same as Mauser HT`s . If I had to make an educated guess I would say Mauser was sole supplier . Unless of corse others can show proof that there was another Producer which is certainly a possibility .

You can find Mauser HT`s that have no Proof Marks or Inspection Markings with exception of the Rear Base . Some of the Sauer HT`s are also devoid of any Proof Marks same as Mauser HT`s . If I had to make an educated guess I would say Mauser was sole supplier . Unless of corse others can show proof that there was another Producer which is certainly a possibility .

Interesting. Never knew that some Mauser sets are devoid of markings. Now to figure out why some are marked and some are not.

Military Rifle Journal
Back