Third Party Press

Some questions on BNZ 45 "T' block barreled action.

greendevil41

My friend picked up this BNZ 45 barreled action SN 2923 in the T block with mismatched FN made bolt that matches itself. It has a un-numbered safety with a circled Z. Bore is pristine and he wants to correctly restore it as much as possible.

The finish is odd with some of it appearing blue and some looking like it was phosphate or possibly a combination of both on the same components.

The floorplate is marked byf. Also note the odd shape of the SVW marked trigger guard bow. Not sure if this is some kind of damage or a production defect. It does not interfere with the trigger movement.

Pics aren't great but show some of these features.

Other questions include:

What type KM stock does he need-laminated or solid wood type with the shallow bolt handle cut out?

Are the stocks still numbered internally to the rifle at this point?

Other stock markings?

Possible sources for these items?

Any other info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Mike

fblIpEj.jpg

JJ81Cje.jpg

mVDvA0Y.jpg

pjqUHPl.jpg

OJaqwDo.jpg

amc8uXR.jpg

NXr9LGr.jpg

hDZEF4Y.jpg

mismatched FN made bolt that matches itself. Bolt is from Mauser OberndorfIt has a un-numbered safety with a circled Z. likely replaced Bore is pristine and he wants to correctly restore it as much as possible.

The finish is odd with some of it appearing blue and some looking like it was phosphate or possibly a combination of both on the same components.

The floorplate is marked byf. Also note the odd shape of the SVW marked trigger guard bow. Not sure if this is some kind of damage or a production defect. It does not interfere with the trigger movement.

Pics aren't great but show some of these features.

Other questions include:

What type KM stock does he need-laminated or solid wood type either is correct with the shallow bolt handle cut out? yup

Are the stocks still numbered internally to the rifle at this point? nope

Other stock markings? Eagle over H on the right side

Possible sources for these items? a proper stock will be expensive ($500-1000)

Hope this helps

Bob answered this pretty well but I'll add this fwiw. I have 2, a barreled action and tragically a odd-sized laminate that was brutally sporterized. Lot's of people looking for these stocks (like me) and while they're not unobtainium they'll be super expensive. From what I saw maybe over $1k.

The trigger guard is damaged. Hard to tell but it almost looks like someone cold blued over the phosphate and that's where the weird finish is coming from.

Military Rifle Journal
Back