Third Party Press

Thread: Newbie from indiana says hello!!!

Red face Newbie from indiana says hello!!!

Hello Everyone! My name is Stefanie and I am 37 yrs old. I am here to learn as much as I possibly can about an item I recently found under the floorboards of my new home. As soon as I figure everything out, I will post pics, and ask for help in identifying it. I know a little bit about many things, but when it comes to old bayonets, rifles, etc., I am clueless!! I am very interested in historical things(for lack of a better term :}) and look forward to learning about the different makers, production, and overall facts in regard to these things!

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

Welcome aboard. No better place to be to learn about Mausers and related items. Even general conversation.

Welcome from a fellow Hoosier!
    Last edited by Warrior1354; 05-14-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Tear up all of the flooring. You might find more! If you find a Luger you can thank me by sending it my way!

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 762kurz View Post
    Tear up all of the flooring. You might find more!!
    Now that sounds like a solid plan! Welcome Stephanie. Great place to learn about those things you described and look at some real eye candy in the picture reference.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Welcome and can't wait to see the pics. Tearing up the floor boards sounds good to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    Now that sounds like a solid plan! Welcome Stephanie. Great place to learn about those things you described and look at some real eye candy in the picture reference.
    Believe me, after that cool find, I want to tear up the floor!! I really would like to know how long it had been sitting there, but I suppose thats part of the mystery.
    I appreciated you looking at the pics i posted and responding. If you have any other links a newbie like myself could utilize, please send em. I really would like to know what the markings are, as there are many.is there some type of "for dummies" I could read and learn from?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    Welcome from a fellow Hoosier!

I love the quote btw

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    ...any links a newbie like myself could utilize, please send em. I really would like to know what the markings are, as there are many.is there some type of "for dummies" I could read and learn from?
    I can't say it's the best but I find it helpful. worldbayonets(dot)com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/Germany_Imperial/ Maybe some of our advanced collectors have other sites they use?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"