Third Party Press

Newbie from indiana says hello!!!

Stefanie

Hello Everyone! My name is Stefanie and I am 37 yrs old. I am here to learn as much as I possibly can about an item I recently found under the floorboards of my new home. As soon as I figure everything out, I will post pics, and ask for help in identifying it. I know a little bit about many things, but when it comes to old bayonets, rifles, etc., I am clueless!! I am very interested in historical things(for lack of a better term :}) and look forward to learning about the different makers, production, and overall facts in regard to these things!

:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard. No better place to be to learn about Mausers and related items. Even general conversation.

Tear up all of the flooring. You might find more! If you find a Luger you can thank me by sending it my way!

Tear up all of the flooring. You might find more!!

Now that sounds like a solid plan! :laugh: Welcome Stephanie. Great place to learn about those things you described and look at some real eye candy in the picture reference.

Now that sounds like a solid plan! :laugh: Welcome Stephanie. Great place to learn about those things you described and look at some real eye candy in the picture reference.

Believe me, after that cool find, I want to tear up the floor!! I really would like to know how long it had been sitting there, but I suppose thats part of the mystery.
I appreciated you looking at the pics i posted and responding. If you have any other links a newbie like myself could utilize, please send em. I really would like to know what the markings are, as there are many.is there some type of "for dummies" I could read and learn from?

...any links a newbie like myself could utilize, please send em. I really would like to know what the markings are, as there are many.is there some type of "for dummies" I could read and learn from?

I can't say it's the best but I find it helpful. worldbayonets(dot)com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/Germany_Imperial/ Maybe some of our advanced collectors have other sites they use?

Military Rifle Journal
Back