Third Party Press

New to this site looking for info on a swp45

Shawnp88

Hello, new to this site looking for information on a swp45 my great grandfather brought back from WW2. It was manufactured in 1945 by Waffen-Werke Brünn AG. My uncle makes it sound like this model is significant, curious to how rare this may be and estimated worth.

You will need to post pictures so we can give you an idea on what you have. Also if your grandfather has possible capture papers that will also change the value.

Last edited:
You will need to post pictures so we can give you an idea on what you have. Also if your grandfather has a holster with it and possible capture papers that will also change the value.

Here are some pictures, it is a mauser riffle I do not believe there is a holster with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 45
Unfortunately that’s impossible as this is a postwar assembled rifle given the Czech proof and other features.

Even being postwar assembled, they have value, except your rifle has been drilled and tapped for an aftermarket scope as well as having the stock cut and reshaped.
It's a shooter now, depending on bore condition.

As stated it IS a Mauser made up largely of parts made under Nazi occupation. The receiver and barrel certainly are however the bottom metal was being supplied under contract and came from Oberndorf or Lubeck and there were supply disruptions even before the war ended. That part, the 'winter' trigger guard is a visual giveaway. As was mentioned I'm sure you'll find the firing proofs on the left are the Czech Rampant Lion, not the Nazi Eagle.

Military Rifle Journal
Back