Third Party Press

G41W/ G43/ Gerat 03

dingo

Hi. Would there be an marked for new made rifles of those modells in USA?. What would be a price range people would pay for rifles like that on the US marked? Trying to se if it is possible to bring them on the marked. Dingo

Hi. Would there be an marked for new made rifles of those modells in USA?. What would be a price range people would pay for rifles like that on the US marked? Trying to se if it is possible to bring them on the marked. Dingo

Gerat 03 would be cool. I love experimental German rifles, not sure though, how mature the Gerat 03 design was when they stopped working on it. I don't think the market will yield more than $3K for an exotic replica like that. Gerat 06H, on the other hand, could be more promising and the market price could be about what you sell a BD44 for, although I doubt it will be able to command PTR44-level prices.

Gerat 03 would be cool. I love experimental German rifles, not sure though, how mature the Gerat 03 design was when they stopped working on it. I don't think the market will yield more than $3K for an exotic replica like that. Gerat 06H, on the other hand, could be more promising and the market price could be about what you sell a BD44 for, although I doubt it will be able to command PTR44-level prices.

Thank you for responding, the 06 we are working on. I have gotten a lot of interest in the G43, that's why I am asking on it. The 3 rifles will cost about the same to produce, but I wonder if the marked needs them.

There was a modern produced G/K43 made in Germany by SSD for a few years. They were the same company that made MP38's, MK42b's, MP44's and FG42's. However, the cost was about the same as an original WWII produced rifle. I do not know if any were sold outside of Germany/Europe.

I would not be surprised if there were also reliability issues, as most of their other firearms were know for poor function. The company also had many financial issues and I think they sold rifles under 2-3x different names before becoming defunct. Nevertheless they did make some very good looking copies of some hard to find firearms.

Military Rifle Journal
Back