Third Party Press

matching G98M

toulon44

hello all

here is my last , G98M , it's all matching AMBERG 1917 , it has kept its original barrel and lot off ww1 components , the replaced items are only the rear sight , the rear band and the follower

here are the pics

ber

receiver , barrel , front and rear bands , trigger guard and floor plate

0.jpg0a.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg3a.jpg4.jpg4a.jpg4b.jpg5.jpg

They are exceedingly rare to find one this original, almost unheard of down to the bolt and stock, - not even re-struck serial on the stock... very often if the rifle has its factory stock it has the external serial reapplied over the original serial. Very often, more often than not, the depots sanded the stocks and weakened the original markings, we know this because fresher markings are crisper over sanded factory acceptance.

Anyway, outstanding rifle, undicked with like the modern German authorities perform on these old rifles. The stupid modern German giverment likes to cover original rifles with their graffiti, it is good to see the modern French authorities being less intrusive.

BTW, your display of the bolt code was VERY helpful to a study we have underway, perhaps you can show us the lot codes of the receiver, under the stock, as per the following thread?

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?17020-RESEARCH-PROJECT-Amberg-1916-1918

Very nice! I honestly don't think I've seen a totally matching 98m before! Thanks for posting!

I agree it's a wonderful rifle! I've been keeping my eyes open for a truly matching 98m for quite a long time!

They are exceedingly rare to find one this original, almost unheard of down to the bolt and stock, - not even re-struck serial on the stock... very often if the rifle has its factory stock it has the external serial reapplied over the original serial. Very often, more often than not, the depots sanded the stocks and weakened the original markings, we know this because fresher markings are crisper over sanded factory acceptance.

Anyway, outstanding rifle, undicked with like the modern German authorities perform on these old rifles. The stupid modern German giverment likes to cover original rifles with their graffiti, it is good to see the modern French authorities being less intrusive.

BTW, your display of the bolt code was VERY helpful to a study we have underway, perhaps you can show us the lot codes of the receiver, under the stock, as per the following thread?

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?17020-RESEARCH-PROJECT-Amberg-1916-1918

beautiful rifle Ber

you will tell me more about his provenance

see you soon

hello fred

it has been found in toulon with an other 98M and a byf43 k98k , plus 8x57 and patrone 08 boxes and about 10 MG bands .no more info .

see you probably at the end of july

ber

Military Rifle Journal
Back