Third Party Press

Steyr 1890 g88

toulon44

hello

here is the G88 i caught last sunday .it's a matching steyr 1890 with first type barrel .

pics

0.jpg0a.jpg0b1.jpg0c1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg3b1.jpg3c1.jpg4.jpg4a1.jpg

T, Can you do a shot of the underside of the bolt handle, I assume C/K and FP, but would like to be certain. I started a trends sheet on G88's and have been working on it occasionally, when it gets to a reasonable point I will start a new research thread.

For me, my goals being here, what is important is research threads, at least in the Imperial forum. The Republican era has less opportunity for such things, but I think if we can collectively assemble enough data on these less researched rifles, 71, 71/84, G88, then we might accomplish something here. Something that can be carried over to the next group of researchers, - trends being only the first step of course, but a necessary one for potential new authors (knowing or being able to accurately guess years of production, ranges/numbers, changes, etc.. can lead to more evolved research, and I know my 20 years of G98 research roughly-accurately reflects general number made, with Jon Speeds assistance we were able to compare my trends to factory total @ WMO/DWM and in most years they were remarkably close, it likely holds true this carries over to the other makers, so even with a 'small fraction' of a whole fraction recorded a certain level of accuracy is possible).

Very nice unmessed with early rifle! Did it come from a private collection perhaps? In any case nice pickup.

T, Can you do a shot of the underside of the bolt handle, I assume C/K and FP, but would like to be certain. I started a trends sheet on G88's and have been working on it occasionally, when it gets to a reasonable point I will start a new research thread.

For me, my goals being here, what is important is research threads, at least in the Imperial forum. The Republican era has less opportunity for such things, but I think if we can collectively assemble enough data on these less researched rifles, 71, 71/84, G88, then we might accomplish something here. Something that can be carried over to the next group of researchers, - trends being only the first step of course, but a necessary one for potential new authors (knowing or being able to accurately guess years of production, ranges/numbers, changes, etc.. can lead to more evolved research, and I know my 20 years of G98 research roughly-accurately reflects general number made, with Jon Speeds assistance we were able to compare my trends to factory total @ WMO/DWM and in most years they were remarkably close, it likely holds true this carries over to the other makers, so even with a 'small fraction' of a whole fraction recorded a certain level of accuracy is possible).

ah sorry , usually i don't forget these pics because i know your interest for these details .

ber

here it is

5b.jpg

You have a true Gew-88 S rifle . A rifle set up by the German military to fire S ammo . The Gew-88 S rifles are fairly rare .

Military Rifle Journal
Back