Third Party Press

Fn belgian 1940 ap?

I recently got a few hundred of these in the original boxes Its sold as armor piercing and from what I can gather from original German manuals it is 178 gr hardened steel? penetrator The rounds have what appears to be green tips(not lacquer sealed) but not a thick color like M2AP The headstamps are FN 1940 Anyone seen these and know for sure? I haven't had time to pull them yet Also anyone have any loads they use with them? Im going to ladder them up based on our load manuals but wondering if anyone has found a ceiling yet Thx

Fn-1940 ap

English tip code for 7,9x57 AP for BESA guns. Great ammo if the primers are still good. Some lots (1938-1940) have the green seal at the case mouth as well as the primer seal & projectile tip. High quality projos if you decide to reload them. Regards, JH

my apologies for not getting back sooner Ive been working alot of ot for my next toy a 41 Johnson Thanks I had some threads saved but apparently they done exist now and I keep hearing different stories about what this is The boxes and rounds inside look pristine and though the primers are probably fine I don't shoot corrosive in "my girls" Ill be putting a few aside for display with the rifles and pulling and reloading the rest They were too good a buy to pass up Thank you for the info John

Military Rifle Journal
Back