Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think this Mauser K98 is authentic? Value?

What is a Spanish band?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks21 View Post
    What is a Spanish band?
    Spanish Band would be from a Spanish Mauser. Can also be a Mariachi Band. In this thread though he was referring to the band spring which would be the part that locks the band in. The band being the part that holds the handguard, barrel, and stock together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be careful if the guy is named Anthony and is in NC.. Looks like his MO and since it's on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
    Be careful if the guy is named Anthony and is in NC.. Looks like his MO and since it's on facebook.
    Is that the guy that got caught stamping rifles and called his business the Mosin Box or something similar to yours?

Quote Originally Posted by capt14k View Post
    Is that the guy that got caught stamping rifles and called his business the Mosin Box or something similar to yours?

No, this is another guy who is extremely unhinged. He'd do trades and send rifles missing parts or completely humped after describing them as all matching.. Sometimes he would not send anything at all. He'd routinely threaten to kill people. Bragged about his "Military sniper service". Real nut case but he was pretty much stuck to facebook. Anyone named Anthony C trading K98k rifles on facebook, stay far far away.

That band does not look like the original band on my l block byf 42, pictured.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wanted: K98 Dou-42 bolt 5235b, and Port. bayonet G19383

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
    No, this is another guy who is extremely unhinged. He'd do trades and send rifles missing parts or completely humped after describing them as all matching.. Sometimes he would not send anything at all. He'd routinely threaten to kill people. Bragged about his "Military sniper service". Real nut case but he was pretty much stuck to facebook. Anyone named Anthony C trading K98k rifles on facebook, stay far far away.
    Good to know. We ought to keep a privately circulated “hot sheet” of known humpers and keep it updated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk