Third Party Press

Do you think this Mauser K98 is authentic? Value?

jlnjca

Registered
I am new to k98 world. This one seems to have all numbers matching. Is it authentic? How much you would pay for it? Thank you for your input.

IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1391.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1394.jpg
IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1396.jpg
IMG_1397.jpg
IMG_1398.jpg
IMG_1399.jpg
IMG_1400.jpg
IMG_1401.jpg
IMG_1402.jpg
IMG_1403.jpg

Yes its authentic......looks unmolested.....havent kept up on pricing but it could bring 1600 easy enough I would think..depends on the day and who is looking..maybe more maybe less...looks like a nice honest rifle to me...only thing you are in need of is a sight hood and a correct sling.
If you havent bought it yet, you should. Would make a fine first K98...unless they want something outrageous.

Last edited:
This one has better pics than the last time it showed up. They still don’t show the band or stock numbers. But we know...

Where is this coming from OP?

I wondered the same thing Capt. Obviously it's being marketed somewhere if different people tried to vet it here. Probably too much of a coincidence for it to be a LGS but I suppose it's possible?

I wondered the same thing Capt. Obviously it's being marketed somewhere if different people tried to vet it here. Probably too much of a coincidence for it to be a LGS but I suppose it's possible?
My guess is Facebook, Instagram, or MeWe

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Vetting and valuation drivebys of the same thing, hoping for a better result perhaps so that eventually the site can be cited as approving. Where is this thing originating? Didn’t Fakebook run off all the firearm people in favor of transvestite baby sitters?

Vetting and valuation drivebys of the same thing, hoping for a better result perhaps so that eventually the site can be cited as approving. Where is this thing originating? Didn’t Fakebook run off all the firearm people in favor of transvestite baby sitters?
There are those who hide in the shadows of Facebook with their groups where every post is proceeded by NFS or not for sale whether it is for sale or not. It's ridiculous if you ask me. Why try and run or be part of a firearms group on a site that hates you and is constantly shutting down said groups and banning or suspending members. I tried it. Not for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What is a Spanish band?

Spanish Band would be from a Spanish Mauser. Can also be a Mariachi Band. In this thread though he was referring to the band spring which would be the part that locks the band in. The band being the part that holds the handguard, barrel, and stock together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be careful if the guy is named Anthony and is in NC.. Looks like his MO and since it's on facebook.

Is that the guy that got caught stamping rifles and called his business the Mosin Box or something similar to yours?

Is that the guy that got caught stamping rifles and called his business the Mosin Box or something similar to yours?

No, this is another guy who is extremely unhinged. He'd do trades and send rifles missing parts or completely humped after describing them as all matching.. Sometimes he would not send anything at all. He'd routinely threaten to kill people. Bragged about his "Military sniper service". Real nut case but he was pretty much stuck to facebook. Anyone named Anthony C trading K98k rifles on facebook, stay far far away.

That band does not look like the original band on my l block byf 42, pictured.

Attachments

• byf4214.jpg
    byf4214.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 21
No, this is another guy who is extremely unhinged. He'd do trades and send rifles missing parts or completely humped after describing them as all matching.. Sometimes he would not send anything at all. He'd routinely threaten to kill people. Bragged about his "Military sniper service". Real nut case but he was pretty much stuck to facebook. Anyone named Anthony C trading K98k rifles on facebook, stay far far away.

Good to know. We ought to keep a privately circulated “hot sheet” of known humpers and keep it updated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back