Third Party Press

Shooter kit steel

CRonRRT

I'm shopping around for a shooters kit for my G43, so far I have found two, one from Rob Applegate, going for 250 Apfeltor Waffenfabrik. Or on Ebay from the netherlands for about 140. Apfeltor steel is 4140 while ebay netherlands is 1018. Any suggestions on which one I should pick? Big price difference yes, but looking at the steel or from experience is what I'm after.

Got for the Apfeltor. He’s been around and is known for his work. Trying to save $100 on a device that will keep your $3,000 gun from blowing up is a fools errand.

Apfeltor kit came with three gas port sizes and the communication with him is good. He can make a size for you personally in case your g/k 43 is really picky with its gas setting.

I bought the other one from eBay but just didnt like it as much. Think it’s from Netherlands or some place. Rather have a stateside guy that I can communicate with then someone in Europe I’ll never talk to or meet.

Ditto on Apfeltor.....very pleased with the product....and yes he made me another plug as mine was a little picky with the ammo...@ no charge I might add.
Money well spent imo ...if you gotta sweat the extra 100 bucks you are in the wrong hobby.

I figured as much response wise, just wanted to make sure. I'll be doing hand loads so I'll probably be able to tweak the pressures on both ends. I plan to install the smallest diameter and going from there. As I understand that's one way to do it and work up. I prefer not to slam it at all, ever, hence why I was going to work up.

Military Rifle Journal
Back