Third Party Press

Two SternGewehr 98's

MichaelWC

So I finally got both different styles of Sterns or stars. I have been searching a long time to acquire both types of Sterns. I am very excited to add this 1917 Erfurt Gew 98 to my collection. It just needs a little cleaning up. It looks pretty good next to my other Stern Gewehr 98. My Mauser Oberndorf 1907/16.

Attachments

• received_2127438674032218.jpg
    received_2127438674032218.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 135
You will need a few more of the asterisk style to get them all, the asterisk vary by manufacturer, also WMO uses a distinctive marking for their version of a sterngewehr (not a star, rather a form of a logo, but the same purpose)

Loewe you talking about this W over the M logo?

Attachments

• received_109965746621878.jpg
    received_109965746621878.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 78
Michael, yep that’s the one. If that thing is yours please post some photos of that one. Not something you see everyday for sure. Would you mind doing a few more of both? Everyone here would love to see them. They would be great for the index with a few more photos as none are common and the Erfurt/17 is rare.

Is your Erfurt/17* marching? Stock acceptance on that one would be super important if it matches.

Last edited:
Might be 1917 Spandau 5304 q (maybe o-block, hard to be certain w/ pics)

Just a guess, but looks like the same receiver face, earlier pictures too poor to be 100%. If so, largely m/m, but matched TG and a few incidental parts. Like with Danzig, Mauser fed these into normal production and the ranges are all over the place. These WMO are some of the best made, like with Danzig, they share the qualities of the range they were made, meaning they are in every way the same quality as normal production. (and WMO/DWM were the best makers...)

Sorry Sam I don't own that rifle. One of my friends owned it then he sold it. I have been looking for one like that though.

Military Rifle Journal
Back