Third Party Press

Mars 115

No clue what it is, but I’ll check some books. I really like these, always thought the Mars was the coolest, this might be the nicest one I’ve seen too!

Nicest one I have seen!

Always thought it would be neat to have one to compare with my Haenel 33 Junior, but have never been able to pick one up.

Nicest one I have seen!

Always thought it would be neat to have one to compare with my Haenel 33 Junior, but have never been able to pick one up.

I have one which I would almost give away because I can't find a replacement for its missing rear sight. Otherwise, complete and all matching.
Steve

Yea the sight looks like a DSM but is in fact unique to the Mars rifle it will be impossible to find unless you part another rifle out.

Any clue to why there is a cutout on the handguard?

The cut-out in the hand guard is indeed a loading port, with a sliding cover. Interesting point: the bands, trigger guard, under-trigger guard plate, and butt plate were all made on the same machinery and dies as those same parts were for the Greenheart DSMs (by Wilhelm Foss of Zella-Mehlis), except with a slightly lighter gauge of metal. Screw holes are in same location, but the Mars air guns used smaller, less expensive screws than the DSMS, so the hole size is slightly smaller.
Here are some photos of the one I have without a rear sight. Will post it later in the "Want To Sell" section.
Steve
DSC_0008.jpgDSC_0009.jpgDSC_0011.jpg

That’s very interesting info on the tooling! I certainly like the looks of that project :happy0180:

Military Rifle Journal
Back