Third Party Press

P.Kohler Berlin 6x59 scope

GeeRam

Anyone have any info/details on this scope that I’ve just acquired?

Marked P.Kohler Berlin with Pecar 6x59 underneath and a serial number of 914.

Since buying it I’ve seen some indication that similar civilian P.Kohler x6 scopes might have been used by German Military Police (and poss SS?) on SSR K98’s, but the OD of the tube on this scope measures in at 26.8mm diameter, and with the low number (and Pecar text) along with the unmarked elevation dial, so I’m thinking that this is more likely to an early post-war made scope, rather than a pre-war civilian or even wartime made scope?

I was looking for a suitable period scope to go on my Norwegian capture K98 as my aging eyesight is meaning shooting with battle sights at greater than 100 yards is just not possible now, and with the re-barrel and mods by the Norwegian’s post war to their K98’s, it can never seen to be a ‘faked’ German sniper K98 if a scope is added. The optics on this are really clear, although with no recoil ring and the 26.8mm OD tube, I’m not sure using a LSR mount would be a good idea?

The guy who I bought this off also had a x4 Ajak scope, but it wasn’t in the best of health with cloudy optics etc. so I took a gamble on the Kohler.

Any further info greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• scope.jpg
    scope.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 46
  • scope-elevation-dial.jpg
    scope-elevation-dial.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 38
  • scope-reticule.jpg
    scope-reticule.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 33
  • scope-markings.jpg