Third Party Press

Thread: Another Interesting RG34 Item

Default Another Interesting RG34 Item

This kit is currently up on Feebay as a BIN. I have posted four pics here so they will be retained after the listing goes away. I note the chain link boss appears to have a Eagle stamped on it (and a rather large one at that). It is possibly bogus and/or not original to the kit, plus the bore brush is missing. As for the asking price, I won't even address it. Nonetheless, the kit is a period piece, and might well have been one of the types submitted when the German Army issued a solicitation for the RG34...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pwcosol; 06-17-2019 at 12:00 PM.

The MEWA cleaning kits were produced for sales to the public during the IIIR period. They were produced after the rg34 was designed/accepted and used that name most probably to capitalize on the military terminology. This is the rifle kit. There is also a smaller kit for pistols. The chain pull through shown here is not correct for this kit. The MEWA chains are entirely different. This chain appears to be a military contract type added at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    They were produced after the rg34 was designed/accepted and used that name most probably to capitalize on the military terminology.
    On later kits MEWA had to grind off the "34" marking.