Third Party Press

MP 44 Markings any help?

tanker

New to the forum, any help IDing the SUP marking on this MP 44? thanks much.

Attachments

• IMG_9310.jpg
    IMG_9310.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 140
Can't help on the supplier, but that looks like an awesome rifle! Any more photos?

thanks, that is a help. more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_9304.jpg
    IMG_9304.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_9307.jpg
    IMG_9307.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 110
Good looking rifle, Haenel mfg, sup code is pretty neat. Clearly refinished, does it function? Matching?

Any chance we can see the serial number? If not can you tell us the letter after the number?

Usually it’s in the format of 9999 x/44, first four are S/N, next is block letter, then / with year of mfg 44 or in your case probably /45.

asking on value

is it converted to semi or is it still full auto ( legally) ??????????

its been refinished???

Could we see a picture of both sides of the barrel pin? Are you aware if this is a rewat? How does it shoot?

-it does have a ZF4 scope rail on it, not sure when it was added. Bought it that way years back

-it's legal NFA and not a dewat or reactivated

-that's a good question it its been refinished, in the light it does have that greenish tint from phosphate finish but the nice finish makes me wonder.

-I'm looking at selling so was look at what a fair price to ask for it. thanks again for all a the help, try and get more pics

Cool, it has clearly been refinished. The phosphate color and lack of wear is incorrect, additionally without being home and looking at my notes; Haenel graduated from their “Blue” to a laquer which ages red around the x block timeframe and then finally whatever they could get to include in the white in March/April. This rifle probably had some form of horrible finish being y block and the previous owner had it refinished for protection and aesthetics. The ferrule looks good, barrel assy as well.

In the plus column:
NFA Mg, non rewat
Matching
Complete

In the minus:
Refinished

So comps right now that are mismatch rewats that are not selling are 25K, and 27K.

I would say 25K for this rifle is a fair price, but collectors have issues sometimes with refinished rifles. So the people who would pay 25+ for a matching NFA non rewat (like me) won’t pay 25K for a refinished rifle.

How does it shoot? POA? Any Malfunctions?

Good luck with your sale!

mostpeople, thanks for the information and insight on the gun. Honestly, I have never shot it because of the condition. I had another NFA MP 44 "shooter" I took to the range.

thanks for the cost estimate but that is more then I would be asking for it. Daughter is getting married so it might have to go to cover the cost. Know anyone who might be interested in it? Thanks again.

it does have a ZF4 scope rail on it, not sure when it was added. Bought it that way years back

Would you mind possibly posting a picture showing a closeup of the scope rail? There are original scope rails to be found on very late rifles for the Vampir night vision scope, your MP44 might be one of those. It could add significant value to the gun.

here you go pretty sure it was added later but again, no idea. thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9321.jpg
    IMG_9321.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9317.jpg
    IMG_9317.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 64
Yes, that looks welded on and then rephosphated. So not original, but will for sure be great fun to fire this MP44 with a ZF4 on it.

In reference to the Vampir comment, Haenel guns are not known to have been part of that late war contract. Specifically Sauer rifles were made for the Vampir program and sent to Berlin in late ‘45.

However, there is not necessarily proof of that, so I will ask Tanker, do you see any stampings in the metal or more probably on the wood with the V for Vampir? Or any other stampings out of the ordinary? While it may add a little value it certainly is a cool story.

The rail could have been hastily attached during wartime, but it was definitely refinished post war.

Do you have any provenance for this rifle? How it was captured? Or returning to the US?

Military Rifle Journal
Back