Third Party Press

Japanese Type 94

I was always fascinated on the description and workings of this pistol. I picked up the first decent one I saw. Was not disappointed, it is funky. Had it for a real long time and last year a friend traded me for some 8mm Naumbu ammo. Took to the range and it shot OK but that grip is really small. This picture is from my phone and it looks pretty wash out. My one and only digital camera finally gave out.

Attachments

• TYPE 94 B.jpg
    TYPE 94 B.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Looks like it was chromed or nickeled by a GI as a trophy. I don’t own one, but they have always appealed to me. The designs styling reminds me of samurai armor.

Funky, yes. But they do grow on you.
Actually, a relatively low production pistol, and scarcer than a T14.

Anybody that collects WWII pistols should have at least one of these.
As bayoned mentioned, only 71000+ manufactured, but several different variations to collect in the 10 years (1935-1945) they were made.

Noodles, Yours looks to be an 11 to early 12 date.

Nice pistol!
James A.

Nice Pistol

Like you I waited a long time before buying my first type 94. It was later than yours but still early enough to still have the early style grips. So naturally I needed a later on with wood grips. After I got my late one I wanted to shoot it. I loved the way it shoots and it is a lot better than my type 14.

Military Rifle Journal
Back