Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BNZ 44 questions

Default BNZ 44 questions

I have a chance to a BNZ 44 98k I was told it was a SS contract there are no SS runes everything that I can see is matching the bolt shroud, barrel band and sling loop do not have the serial numbers on them. The receiver doesn’t have a serial number. any help I would appreciate if you need any additional info let me know

Thank you
    Matt

Use the picture reference as provided on this forum and also post some pictures of the gun. There are people who really specialize in SS contracts and are more than willing to help you out.

Can you provide the barrel code? Some photos would really be necessary to authenticate to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Can you provide the barrel code? Some photos would really be necessary to authenticate to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It has avk AZ on the barrel

Regards
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by BNZ44 View Post
    It has avk AZ on the barrel

Regards
    Matt
    Uploaded pics

Stock has been ruined. Too smooth and too shiny. Unless it is under $1K I would pass on it and wait for a non-enhanced example.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Quote Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
    Stock has been ruined. Too smooth and too shiny. Unless it is under $1K I would pass on it and wait for a non-enhanced example.
    It’s under $1k and that is the original stock the numbers are stamped on the inside

Matt

More than half that rifle's value disappeared forever when one of its owners used sandpaper then made it shiny. It may sell for over $1K, but if so, it will be someone who always wanted an "SS rifle" and not a collector buying it.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Quote Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post

Agreed, likely an example that might have appeared in “Der Pimp”
    Attached Images Attached Images

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Is that your copy per chance?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"