Third Party Press

Interesting WW1 pictures part II

Warrior1354

ax - hole
Well I just keep adding more and more pictures to my collection and this has been really enjoyable to be honest. They really do tell a story and when you can pick out certain details make it even more interesting.

So lets start out with the first group and it is lots of carbines! Which when I see neat photos of these weapons I buy them.

1. First one came in from Germany today and its a squad of German soldiers with carbines. The soldier on the far left as a Kar98a you can tell by the length of the barrel and the stacking hook. The rest are armed with Gew91 carbines by the stacking hooks.

2. Another Gew91 carbine photo this time an older gentleman is armed with this sleek little carbine centered.

3. This is another photo that came in from Germany sold real cheap too. An entire squad armed with Kar98a carbines and judging by their helmets they are most likely Artillery troops.

Attachments

• Gew91 carbines.jpeg
    Gew91 carbines.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Older gentleman with Gew91 carbine.jpeg
    Older gentleman with Gew91 carbine.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Soldiers with Kar98a carbines.jpeg
    Soldiers with Kar98a carbines.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 42
Another cool group of photos and its cool pictures of German Artillery.

1. Entire artillery squad with 21 cm Mörser 10. Look at the size of that spent shell casing! From the details I have dug up on these big guns they were a 211 mm caliber gun that shot a 252 pound shell.

2. A Dug in German Artillery piece most likely a 105mm field gun. Has some unit details on that back, maybe someone can translate.

Attachments

• Big guns.jpeg
    Big guns.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 105mm in pillbox.jpeg
    105mm in pillbox.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Back of 105mm pillbox photo.jpeg
    Back of 105mm pillbox photo.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 30
MG08 maxim group.

If there is one type of WW1 picture I like to find for sale. It is the ones showing off the MG08 and MG08/15 maxim machine guns.

1. Looks like a small squad of soldiers next to MG08 machine gun you can see its locked down in its mounting system. With what looks to be a gun shield next to it on the left and plenty of boxes of ammo.

2. A MG08 machine gun nest and also locked down on its mounting system. My guess this photo is a training picture. Has some details on the back as well.

Attachments

• MG08 maxim.jpeg
    MG08 maxim.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Maxim machine gun nest.jpeg
    Maxim machine gun nest.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Back of MG nest photo.jpeg
    Back of MG nest photo.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 30
Last group of pictures.

1. Is a somber picture of a group of young German soldiers resting at the front. A time to rest, smoke, and catch some sleep if you can. But judging by the look on these young men's faces the war has taken its toll on them.

2. A grim picture showing the cost of war but clearly away from the front. This picture shows a group of soldiers at a field hospital with two pretty nurses. The man at the bottom looks to be enjoying making music while recovering from his wounds and the man in the center is wearing the Iron cross. I do hope some of these men were able to go home back to their families and leave the war behind them. But I know alot of wounded men who recovered were called back to the front during the 1918 Spring Offensive. Picture is dated March 9 1915

3. Small group of German soldiers at the front armed with their Gew98 rifles. Even with the awful conditions at the front a few in this picture showed off a smile.

Attachments

• Soldiers resting.jpeg
    Soldiers resting.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Soldiers at hospital.jpeg
    Soldiers at hospital.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Soldiers in pillbox.jpeg
    Soldiers in pillbox.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 37
Post 2 translate card marking:

Artilleryman Heinrich Vogelsaenger, Reserve Field Artillery Regiment 13, 8th Battery

Military Rifle Journal
Back