Third Party Press

New Member Checking in

CE43

Hello All,
I have recently acquired a vet bring back matching numbers J.P. Sauer and Sohn K98k CE43. Rifle is in great shape all things considered not import marked. I am currently on the hunt for a correct cleaning rod. A good collecting friend of mine has already shipped me a nice sling to go with this rifle.
Once I get the rifle completed I will post up some pictures.
Looking forward to learning more about these wonderful rifles and getting to know some fellow members here.
Thank you and Best Regards
Ray

Anxious to see the pics as we can tell you more. Correct rod length would be 12 1/2 inches. Don't believe rods were marked after 1941.

Welcome aboard Ray. I have a few nice post war Norwegian made for the k98k rods if you want to go that route. They only differ in thread appearance. Once on the rile they are indistinguishable and a fraction of the price at $30 shipped. Or I have original "i" and/or "k" marked originals for $85 shipped.

Last edited:
Anxious to see the pics as we can tell you more. Correct rod length would be 12 1/2 inches. Don't believe rods were marked after 1941.

Welcome aboard Ray. I have a few nice post war Norwegian made for the k98k rods if you want to go that route. They only differ in thread appearance. Once on the rile they are indistinguishable and a fraction of the price at $30 shipped. O r I have original "i" and/or "k" marked originals for $85 shipped.

Thank you for the comments Gentlemen.
I am really excited to have been offered this rifle. All matching #s. Even under the hand guard. Took a few photos to have a sneak peak for Remfan,
Going to pm you mowzerluvr on one of those original cleaning rods.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20190622_090527 (1).jpg
    20190622_090527 (1).jpg
    285 KB · Views: 19
  • ce43 1.jpg
    ce43 1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 19
  • ce43 2.jpg
    ce43 2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 20
  • ce43 3.jpg
    ce43 3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 19
  • ce43 4.jpg
    ce43 4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 22
Welcome to the forum, Ray! You have a really swell CE43. Looking forward to seeing more of it!

Nice ce 43 Ray, welcome :happy0180:

Thank you for the comments. I really do appreciate them.
Couldn't resist snapping a few pics of this one. I have had a R.C. Dot44 for many years and always dreamed of a legit untouched K98 and this one checks all the boxes for me.
Thank you again.
Ray

Thank you for the comments. I really do appreciate them.
Couldn't resist snapping a few pics of this one. I have had a R.C. Dot44 for many years and always dreamed of a legit untouched K98 and this one checks all the boxes for me.
Thank you again.
Ray

Welcome Ray! That’s a nice rifle you have. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Ray! That’s a nice rifle you have. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice rifle and thanks for the awesome pics.

Really happy I decided to join this forum. A wealth of knowledge, amazing collections and some great people.
I will certainly do some detailed pics and document any and all markings after I have her all together.
Appreciate all the kind words and being welcomed to this forum.
Best Regards
Ray

Military Rifle Journal
Back