Third Party Press

Something That Turned Up On Feebay...

pwcosol

Friend sent me a link to this S84/98 T3. The initial link had been closed and a post-WW2 Balkan refurb had taken it's place. Had look at the original listing for the URL:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/German-K-98-Mauser-Bayonet-Experimental-/153539564481?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

I have heard for years of the existence of purported metal grips for the S84/98 T3. Never saw a example other than (typically crude) hand-made replacements. However, it seems to me such grips could prove problematical in extreme cold or hot conditions (of course if we look at the German Imperial ersatz bayonets, that did not seem to be a issue then). Thoughts on this one...

Last edited:
Reminds me of the postwar French mg34 grip panels exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for nice link, interesting grips looks like done proffesionally with a cast of light material, Alu based? from this i believe that could be not war period, for this speaks a unmatched piece, with reserialed numbers , replacement locking nut, the origin Cof/43 S range should be wood grips. b.r.Andy
Could be used postwar by any country that continued to use S84/98, Israel, near East or other. The replacement with metall grips is interesting, but the reason to use flashguard fell out by similar material.

Last edited:
Who ever made the grips did a good job. Seems like a lot of work for one set. Wonder if there are more out there somewhere?

Military Rifle Journal
Back