Third Party Press

Curious

mike44f

This is simply a question out of curiosity. I have not seen many, if any reproduction G/K43 bolt group components (housings/carriers specifically). If they're out there where are they? I know people want original parts, but to keep these running for years to come it would be a good idea, especially for reenactors to use new produced moving parts to save the originals from wear. Wondering if there is s patent issue or anything like that restricting a larger scale of parts for these gems.

Mike

Repro parts

I would say liability is the reason. A repro magazine is not going to make a rifle into a handgrenade but a poorly made bolt component could.

Thanks for that link. It just is unfortunate that someone can't or won't get some quality parts built for sale on the US market for these rifles. I mean as fun as scavenging around for parts is, it does get annoying at times.

The only repro bolt carrier I know of is was made by Shoei years ago - but I do not think they would be safe. I accidently sold a waffen meister replacement bolt carrier on a project rifle as it was too 'minty' and I assumed it was fake at the time. Lessons learned.

Military Rifle Journal
Back