Third Party Press

Help with Value on ZF41 Rifle

Hey all,

So I bought this rifle less than a year ago, and I am trying to get a good idea of what the value would be on it for insurance purposes and what not. It is a byf 44 ZF41 rifle. The rifle is all matching down to the firing pin. The mount is original with no serial number, and the ZF41 scope is original as well. The sling is also and original K98 sling and I do have the can for the scope. A gentlemen offered me $5,000 for it, and I don't know if I was crazy to turn it down, but I love it and don't plan on getting rid of it. And hey, who knows 20 years from now what it could be worth. You'll also be able to see this exact rifle on the Outdoor Channel on American Rifleman TV where they are talking about the 75th anniversary of D-Day and weapons that could have been there. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4443.jpg
    IMG_4443.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4444.jpg
    IMG_4444.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4445.jpg
    IMG_4445.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4446.jpg
    IMG_4446.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 119
Current thread

Looks like an exceptional 'c' block byf44 with zf41 mount.
Scope should be numbered to the rifle if it was fully matched.

5000.00 was a very good offer.

I would value the rig at around 4000 to 4500.
ZF41 scope rigs have been down in value for some time and that affects the total price.

Looks like an exceptional 'c' block byf44 with zf41 mount.
Scope should be numbered to the rifle if it was fully matched.

5000.00 was a very good offer.

I would value the rig at around 4000 to 4500.
ZF41 scope rigs have been down in value for some time and that affects the total price.

Thanks Bruce. Yes the rifle, mount, and scope were all bought separately but the rifle itself is all matching. I felt like that was very good offer, but I just love it to much to let it go at this point. Best part was that I found it at a hardware store for a damn good price.

Very nice rifle. Were you able to get it on paper? Looks like a pile of empties, which is why I ask ;) That's why the mounts were numbered as I don't think the scopes have enough adjustment in them if the mount and rail are off a bit.

Very nice rifle. Were you able to get it on paper? Looks like a pile of empties, which is why I ask ;) That's why the mounts were numbered as I don't think the scopes have enough adjustment in them if the mount and rail are off a bit.

Yeah so far ive been able to ring steel out to 500 yards with it. Only issue is each ammo is different and every time I change ammo, scope must be rezeroed and its just the biggest PITA!

I agree with Bruce, $4,000 to $4,500. People still really like these rifles. Nice looking gun.

Military Rifle Journal
Back