Third Party Press

Late RG34 HKW...NOT?

pwcosol

Gents:

Saw this item posted for sale recently. Seller says nothing other than this intriguing comment: "This piece itself is highly collectible! Found in the K98 cleaning kits, this spoon type of tool is often missing from the kits.". Tool material resembles cast aluminum. The heavy brass braising to secure the detent pin is also interesting. Have not seen this one before, so surmise it is "something new". Thoughts...?

Attachments

• HKW Repop A.jpg
    HKW Repop A.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 42
  • HKW Repop B.jpg
    HKW Repop B.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 40
....Postwar?

I think postwar. I enclose a picture of 3 post war tools, note the patina of the last tool with the brass solder.

With regard to the long pin, a few standard original tools have been observed also with it, although there are very few exemplars observed to arrive a conclusion about this type of pin.

For to know the differences between original and post war flat tools: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...4-Tool-Incongruites/page2&highlight=rg34+tool

Antoni

Attachments

• 3xpost.JPG
    3xpost.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 3xpost1.JPG
    3xpost1.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 18
  • arr42a2.jpg
    arr42a2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 18
Not an original example. I agree with dot however that there are a few examples of original pieces that have been documented with the longer than normal post.

Military Rifle Journal
Back