Third Party Press

Gustloff Long Side Rail

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
Bought this about a month ago and finally got around to taking pictures. All matching with a late dow scope which is different from the earlier ones used on JPS Long Side Rails and SS Double Claws. The objective and ocular are both smaller. I really like the mixture of blue and phosphate. Glad to finally have a LSR, not a bad first one.

LSR (1).jpgLSR (2).jpgLSR (3).jpgLSR (4).jpgLSR (5).jpgLSR (6).jpgLSR (7).jpgLSR (8).jpgLSR (9).jpgLSR (10).jpgLSR (11).jpgLSR (12).jpgLSR (13).jpgLSR (14).jpgLSR (15).jpgLSR (16).jpgLSR (17).jpgLSR (18).jpgLSR (19).jpgLSR (20).jpg

Top shelf

You are never going to top that one...that punches all the tickets. I guess you don’t need my bcd 45 LSR now....That stock is perfect....:hail:::hail::hail:

That scope makes this one rarer than run of the mill LSR’s..

“Not bad?” :laugh: awesome rifle Matt congrats! The dow is my favorite in all variations, awesome scopes.

Not bad for your first LSR :happy0180: . I had this LSR in hand a few years back when it went up for sale , and condition is Top Notch . As mentioned this has everything one could want in a Gustloff LSR . Great Piece Matt . Its a keeper !!!!!. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys. Not much history with this one. I bought it from Mel Smith who had purchased it from Craig Brown's collection.

Great addition to your growing sniper collection. Uncle Mel and Craig Brown owned some
incredible stuff!

Cool pickup, Matt. I thought it was easier to start with LSRs!! :googlie

You are doing it wrong.

Jeff

Stunning rifle! Congrats! Just 1500 later than mine!

Do you have some pictures you can post? I'd love to see it here in this same thread.

Cool pickup, Matt. I thought it was easier to start with LSRs!! :googlie

You are doing it wrong.

Jeff
Haha. Yes I believe in starting with the rarest rifles first. It's worked so far. In reality so much of this hobby is just luck. I have been lucky to know some great collectors and always enjoy buying from friends.

Do you have some pictures you can post? I'd love to see it here in this same thread.

Here are some pics of it! My LSR is not as nice as yours and of course is missing some important components! Haha! I have purchased an original base for it but still haven't had it attached yet.

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

Thanks! I bought it almost 10 years ago and still am holding out hope that the matching mount will pop up someday!

Military Rifle Journal
Back