Third Party Press

German Bicycle Question

GetFuzzy2

Greetings, a family friend has just told me he has a WW2 Tan Bicycle his father brought back from the ETo. He asked if I wanted it, naturally I said yes. My question is, if the bike is real what is a fair price for it also is there a sight or book you guys would recommend the I could us as a reference? Thanks for your time.

pay what the two parties agree is fare. As far as value I have seen bikes in the 2-3k range. As far as books ? I don't know of any.. If its ordinance tan that's a good thing. Should have spots for racks to attach or rifle/ panzer faust.

Might not be German, I bet it’s British myself. Either way the price is right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight guys, he said it has some sort or carrier for a rife. If i can get some pictures I'll post them. Thanks again.

I'm looking forward to the result of this. German troops also used alot of bicycles seized from the Dutch, so that's a possibility as far as origin goes. Cool topic!

Pat

If Brit or German WW2 I'd love to have one. Look forward to pics.

+3 on the pictures. Would figure many would have survived, probably altered or at least repainted, as it is a very utilitarian object especially after a war.

I don’t know were the pictures come from.
Here an example from a French bicycle used by the navy.

Rgds

Attachments

• Bike.JPG
    Bike.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 44
  • bike1.JPG
    bike1.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 32
  • bike2.JPG
    bike2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Thanks for the information gent's! I'm goin to hopefully talk to my family friend next week. I'll keep you all posted.

Military Rifle Journal
Back