Third Party Press

Repro MP-40 Pouches?

tsmgguy

Looks like repro MP-40 pouches coming out of the Czech Republic continue to get better and better. Pics are of current offerings. Were there originals by the maker stamped on the back of the belt loops?

Edit: Looks like the firm of Sattler Lago, Wein existed and made WWII officers leather belts and 98K ammo pouches. I can't find any evidence they made MP-40 pouches.

Attachments

• MP401.jpg
    MP401.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 72
  • MP402.jpg
    MP402.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Still very obvious repros from the material and stitching, though someone will age them. Yes, many originals are marked on the belt loops, just not like that.

Was intrigued by these and ordered a set for range use. The US $99 price included 3 day FedEx delivery from the Czech Republic, and they arrived today. They're of very high quality, nicer than any originals I've ever seen, and were definitely not made in India, Pakistan, or China. The leather is new, and not brittle. Magazines fit each individual pouch very well, without being tight or loose. These will do very nicely.

Assuming you bought these from Vit-Zemanek? His stuff is really nice and very well made, but he uses lots of Czech webbing and fabric in his reproductions, making them easy to spot.

MP-40 Pouches

I got theses Pouches , when I bought my Mp40/ Inland Tube gun on Morphy gun Auctions.
Can anyone tell my there opinion, if they feel there authentic or Repro s .

Thank you

Attachments

• 19010933_14_med.jpg
    19010933_14_med.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 19010933_15_med.jpg
    19010933_15_med.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 27
Assuming you bought these from Vit-Zemanek? His stuff is really nice and very well made, but he uses lots of Czech webbing and fabric in his reproductions, making them easy to spot.

Actually bought them from www.euro-military.com. Right, they'll never fool an expert, but they are very nicely made. Maybe too nice!

Edit: Checked the site just now. Looks like these are sold out. An MP-40 pouch set is available, but they look pretty cheap.

Last edited:
I got theses Pouches , when I bought my Mp40/ Inland Tube gun on Morphy gun Auctions.
Can anyone tell my there opinion, if they feel there authentic or Repro s .

Thank you

I'll go out on a limb and say these are originals, and very nice. Hambone (Craig) is the resident expert here.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back