Third Party Press

Thread: Repro MP-40 Pouches?

Default Repro MP-40 Pouches?

Looks like repro MP-40 pouches coming out of the Czech Republic continue to get better and better. Pics are of current offerings. Were there originals by the maker stamped on the back of the belt loops?

Edit: Looks like the firm of Sattler Lago, Wein existed and made WWII officers leather belts and 98K ammo pouches. I can't find any evidence they made MP-40 pouches.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tsmgguy; 07-04-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Wanted: K98 Dou-42 bolt 5235b, and Port. bayonet G19383

Still very obvious repros from the material and stitching, though someone will age them. Yes, many originals are marked on the belt loops, just not like that.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Was intrigued by these and ordered a set for range use. The US $99 price included 3 day FedEx delivery from the Czech Republic, and they arrived today. They're of very high quality, nicer than any originals I've ever seen, and were definitely not made in India, Pakistan, or China. The leather is new, and not brittle. Magazines fit each individual pouch very well, without being tight or loose. These will do very nicely.

Assuming you bought these from Vit-Zemanek? His stuff is really nice and very well made, but he uses lots of Czech webbing and fabric in his reproductions, making them easy to spot.
    Taschen Billiard, plus looking for WW2 USGI patches, all branches, and original WW2 M1 helmets and parts

Default MP-40 Pouches

I got theses Pouches , when I bought my Mp40/ Inland Tube gun on Morphy gun Auctions.
    Can anyone tell my there opinion, if they feel there authentic or Repro s .

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by iron bender View Post
    Assuming you bought these from Vit-Zemanek? His stuff is really nice and very well made, but he uses lots of Czech webbing and fabric in his reproductions, making them easy to spot.
    Actually bought them from www.euro-military.com. Right, they'll never fool an expert, but they are very nicely made. Maybe too nice!

Edit: Checked the site just now. Looks like these are sold out. An MP-40 pouch set is available, but they look pretty cheap.
    Last edited by tsmgguy; 07-13-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome143 View Post
    I got theses Pouches , when I bought my Mp40/ Inland Tube gun on Morphy gun Auctions.
    Can anyone tell my there opinion, if they feel there authentic or Repro s .

Thank you
    I'll go out on a limb and say these are originals, and very nice. Hambone (Craig) is the resident expert here.
    Last edited by tsmgguy; 07-13-2019 at 01:34 PM.