Third Party Press

Rich. A. Herder Solingen K98 Bayonet

Want to sell this bayonet. If anyone has an idea what it is worth and any information about itView attachment 208917, it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8454.jpg
    IMG_8454.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8456.jpg
    IMG_8456.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8460.jpg
    IMG_8460.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 32
Looks like a pretty decent example of a WW1 vintage S84/98 T2. From what I can see, scabbard appears to be correct as well. Might check to see if there is an Imperial German acceptance mark on the frog stud or finial ball. Ballpark price (without several additional, more detailed photos), would be around $150.00 +/-.

Same opinion S84/98nA of 1916 production, in well used decent condition for 103 years. b.r.Andy

Thank you!!

I am very pleased with your kind information. I am , with the vital assistance from my Grandson, starting to dispose of guns, reloading supplies, and gun related items, acquired over more than 75 years of shooting.

So far, we have located over thirty old bayonets and swords. Is it okay to use this forum to find out identification and value for each of these bayonets and swords?

If not, please inform me where to seek this information, and a recommended site to use to sell the items.

Thank you.

Even we are focused on german S84/98, feel free to add here Your pieces for identification. Here are enough experts on edged weapons. b.r. Andy

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see what you have. As Andy said, there are plenty of blade experts here. They will more than likely be able to tell you what you have. And least we not forget the firearms guys, top of the line, you will find none better. All of the members here are happy to share their knowledge.
There is also a trader section located within the forum. A good place to list what you wish to sell.

Last edited:
I'm in Redondo Beach. Feel free to PM me if you have a list of items for sale. Or list them in the for sale forum.Thanks

Military Rifle Journal
Back