Third Party Press

Any plans to reprint Vol III?

I’m relatively new to K98k collecting and was wondering/hoping that another printing of the Kriegsmodell volume might be forthcoming. I have no doubt that they would sell quickly!

Any idea if a reprint might occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, cost to print vs how long it would take to sell out the run negates us ever reprinting any of the books. Vol. 1 is going to be the next to sell out, probably sometime next year. It’s expensive to print books, especially small runs.

Bruce and I are ready for the next adventure, not replay the old one. You can still find Kriegsmodell in the secondary market for a reasonable price.

Would you mind unveiling how many were printed of each Volume?

PS: was anyway always hoping on an eBook version, to have all of the volumes with me on my mobile/iPad when I'm at a gunshow!

Last edited:
We did about 2000-2200 of each volume total.

Just curious

I assume you and Bruce have the entire series in digital format....? Obviously if you give that out people can print what they want....and you make no money...

We did about 2000-2200 of each volume total.

Does this include both editions of Kriegsmodell? The first (2010) printing + the VIII revised edition = 2000 - 2200 total? Curious how those broke down as the first edition seems to be especially hard to find. Thanks

From memory we printed 1000 of the 2010 edition. Most of those went to hard core collectors who kept them, probably why you don’t see as many.

We do have pdf versions but don’t plan on releasing electronic versions at this time. In the future? Who knows.

From memory we printed 1000 of the 2010 edition. Most of those went to hard core collectors who kept them, probably why you don’t see as many.

Thanks Mike. Was just curious. I have both both editions but certainly treasure the 2010 first .....

Unfortunately, cost to print vs how long it would take to sell out the run negates us ever reprinting any of the books. Vol. 1 is going to be the next to sell out, probably sometime next year. It’s expensive to print books, especially small runs.

Bruce and I are ready for the next adventure, not replay the old one. You can still find Kriegsmodell in the secondary market for a reasonable price.

The captured rifle book I hope?

We do have pdf versions but don’t plan on releasing electronic versions at this time. In the future? Who knows.

While I’d definitely prefer a printed and bound version (hopefully from a third printing), I’d definitely be interested in a pdf if that were offered.

What’s funny is that I wasn’t collecting Mausers when this book was initially printed, or even when it sold out (and I’m over 50 years old). I was in a local gun shop (www.oldsteelguns.com) this week and there were two other fellows that were my age or older who were each buying their first Mauser. There are a lot of new folks getting in lot this hobby and that means a whole new crop of buyers for these books besides the folks who bought them when they first came out.

So I’d encourage y’all to reconsider the decision of whether or not to print more!

I always prefer the printed version to the digital version. However, the digital version has the advantage that you can even carry it with you on your mobile phone and take it out when you‘re at a gunshow and need a quick check.

I would love and gladly pay for PDF version even if it was the same at the cost of the printed version. While having a hard copy is nice I'm always on my phone in bed and where i consume most knowledge. I understand that would mean someone would be a douche and give it out. It would be nice either way to at least enjoy the books in some form.

I was probably still in high school when these books were initially released and obviously not into gun just yet. I'd really consider selling these digitally for new generations to read. I'm trying to convince the wife to save up so we can buy the VOL 1&2 set as I'm typing this.

Rare book with sky high prices are sort of the norm in this hobby. The result of this is that I buy a fair number of books upon release, even ones that don’t 100% interest me, because buying them later will be impossible. For example: a guy on gunboards is about to reprint an updated version of his carcano book. It will be pre order only, with no extra copies. In all likelihood there will be fewer than 50 printed. When they are gone, and you want one, then what? A $100 book becomes $350, if you can find it, so it might as well not exist.

I open my library to any of my friends that have questions, as I know my book collection has a lot of rare titles that are hard to locate. It’s just part of the hobby to me.

I don’t like that my books are valuable, and I’d love for everyone to have their own copies, but that’s just not the nature of this hobby. So many book are privately published because no one really wants to find the startup costs.

Rare book with sky high prices are sort of the norm in this hobby. The result of this is that I buy a fair number of books upon release, even ones that don’t 100% interest me, because buying them later will be impossible. For example: a guy on gunboards is about to reprint an updated version of his carcano book. It will be pre order only, with no extra copies. In all likelihood there will be fewer than 50 printed. When they are gone, and you want one, then what? A $100 book becomes $350, if you can find it, so it might as well not exist.

I open my library to any of my friends that have questions, as I know my book collection has a lot of rare titles that are hard to locate. It’s just part of the hobby to me.

I don’t like that my books are valuable, and I’d love for everyone to have their own copies, but that’s just not the nature of this hobby. So many book are privately published because no one really wants to find the startup costs.

how do i preorder the carcano book? I am getting into italian guns

how do i preorder the carcano book? I am getting into italian guns

I own this book, it's pretty good if you're looking to collect Carcanos. I think Barnes and Noble has it as well so you can shop around and compare prices. Photos are high quality and they get into stuff like production numbers, accessories and the meaning of cartouches.

It's called: The Model 1891 Carcano Rifle: Detailed Developmental & Production History by Giovanni Chegia and Alberto Simonelli

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Book-The-M...158264&hash=item3f63eb972b:g:mI8AAOSw~AVYrS57

So are there no plans at all to reprint the book? I'm contemplating getting Volume III on the secondary market as it is the only one I am missing in the series. I already have Volume I and Volume II (a) and Volume II(b).

We are not going to reprint Vol 3, or any others for that matter. All are out of print including the Vol2 books we are selling now. When we sell out, we’re done.

Military Rifle Journal
Back