Third Party Press

G.L.R. marking on blankos

AndyB

Hello members, on a german forum a friend has presented a nice blanko piece, marked only with G.L.R 33 on crosspiece, the piece looks like a nice polished blade, early 1939 production, on some smaller parts with remains of WaA253 NS type visible. The well known Arnaud C. french site has presented 2 pieces and declared it as Reichsbahn, is this opinion correct?, any additional information is appreciated. thanks very much. b.r.Andy
http://k98.free.fr/glr187.html

Andrej, have several recorded but have not confirmed an organization or unit identification. Personally, I am not convinced that it is a Reichsbahn property marking without further documentation.

Thanks Lance for comments, please look at the attached pictures, on the piece was added a strange trodell. It would be great to deciphere it, the frog was normal Stecher Freiberg 1937 probably for S98/05. Offcourse it could be mixed in time. Looks like more as a police unit? b.r.Andy

Attachments

• GLR33vollEU.jpg
    GLR33vollEU.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 32
That's what I lean toward Andrej; police. Would like to see better pics of the troddel and the tie. I'm not sure on the look of the set .....

I asked already for better pictures, when avialable i will post here, thanks for opinion. Same way thinking.:thumbsup: b.r.Andy

Attachments

• Troddel.jpg
    Troddel.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Portepeebindung.jpg
    Portepeebindung.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It is definitely a SS troddel pattern. Unsure on originality and the tie looks recent to me ....

Andy , I've got a G.L.R. Marked bayonet. I was told it represents Gruppe Landesverteidigung Reichsbahn.

Best regards,
Len

hello Len, thanks very much, it could be real "Mineis (L) Gruppe Landesverteidgung im ReichsVerkehrsMinisterium" b.r.Andy

Military Rifle Journal
Back