Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1937 Czech Rampant Lion VZ24 Lightly German

Ooooo! I need that sling!

Agreed all around, really hard to find original matching vz24’s, well at least Ww2 original given the German modifications. I’ve yet to find one myself, congrats again!

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    Ooooo! I need that sling!
    Yes!! I missed the first offering of the BGS rifles but grabbed a few beauty G1s when Apex first had them. Beautiful rifles IMO and that sling is pretty darn mint!

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    Agreed all around, really hard to find original matching vz24’s, well at least Ww2 original given the German modifications. I’ve yet to find one myself, congrats again!
    I think that's because Dave owns them all. Have you seen his thread on them on his site?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

No I haven’t, I’d check it out if I could

I was lucky, a friend just hooked me up with a BGS last week, can’t wait to get it!

Cool Vz.24 mod. There are so many little variations in these that they could be a collecting theme all their own. As Farb said (and I told you earlier) the sling is postwar, it's for the Austrian Stg.58. Most of these are stamped with the Stolla Wien oval and an ink stamp date. People usually remove that. I think there are even websites which identify this as a "Vz.24 sling". Many of these slings are cut down from 52" down to 46" and an extra hole is added, fake markings, a frosch, and sold for $150+ on epay.

Anyway, the lion crest is a bonus as it is Czech military contract. The logo rifles were also Czech military contract but the logo is probably not as cool looking as that lion. They are the same in all other respects and vary mainly in the band configuration, whether there is a take down disc added, and depot markings. Most are not depot marked. Congrats, nice Vz.mod.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Czechoslovak military contract, as there is czechoslovak lion on reciever, Brno 1937 production, german refurbished , the cleaning rod is yugoslavian as mentioned. b.r.Andy