Third Party Press

BCD 41 stock marking

u96

Hi. I saw one with the serial and letter block on the spine with "bcd" that below. Is that correct? Thanks

It is possible, based upon trends. Try and get the serial and if possible pictures, how it is marked matters...

Pics of markings

Attachments

• IMG_6405.jpg
    IMG_6405.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_6406.jpg
    IMG_6406.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6403.jpg
    IMG_6403.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6404.jpg
    IMG_6404.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 91
That’s cool, I’ve never heard of such a thing but it clearly looks original. Loewe would see such a trend as he keeps detailed records, unlike mine which are in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on the bolt release markings? It's the same gun. It's "E/4 B 00". Never seen a letter here before. Seems to be replaced but from what I wonder?

Attachments

• IMG_6413.jpg
    IMG_6413.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 66
Any thoughts on the bolt release markings? It's the same gun. It's "E/4 B 00". Never seen a letter here before. Seems to be replaced but from what I wonder?

Actually, it could be a E/1 which would at least be the correct code. Still confused about the rest.

E/4 B is BSW - I could potentially see that being correct as it's the same company essentially. Looks like a nice rifle from what you've shown so far.

Very cool. I've never seen that either. There is a huge amount of variance with bcd 41 receivers. They ended up at BLM, with depots for builds, as spares, etc. I would imagine that bcd marked stock would have been initially marked that way for distribution as a spare, then incorporated into production. Very little would surprise me with Gustloff.

Gustloff stock production

There were a small number of stocks fabricated in Weimar and are marked with an 's' instead of the usual 'c' for Menzel.
Perhaps this is a later variation with the 'bcd' impressed instead of the 's'.

Agree, neat mark. These could also have been armorers spares (marked with the 'bcd') that were diverted to serial production.

I have had a couple of Armorers Bolt e/ 4 B marked bolt releases that were unnumbered. It looks like yours may have been an armorers part that got put into production.

Here are some pics. It's a bolt m/m so I didn't photo the bolt. Wondering if the site hood is a repro. Can anyone help with that? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6415.JPG
    IMG_6415.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6418.JPG
    IMG_6418.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6419.JPG
    IMG_6419.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6429.JPG
    IMG_6429.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6421.JPG
    IMG_6421.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6414.JPG
    IMG_6414.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6431.JPG
    IMG_6431.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6424.JPG
    IMG_6424.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 70
Nice rifle. Beautiful ink stamp in buttplate. I personally find it hard to tell whether a sight hood is original or not if I dont have it in hand.

John.

Nice rifle. Beautiful ink stamp in buttplate. I personally find it hard to tell whether a sight hood is original or not if I dont have it in hand.

John.

I hear you. I popped it off because I'm pretty sure it's post war. The wear just doesn't come close to matching the barrel.

Congrats to your new and interesting rifle u96! You have removed the buttplate, do you have a photo of the stock too? Your stock data would be very interesting, we collect it in the thread "K98k Laminate Stock Date and Supplier Codes": Link

In general it would be nice when you show some additional photos, as example the barrel bands.

Regards,
Stephan

Congrats to your new and interesting rifle u96! You have removed the buttplate, do you have a photo of the stock too? Your stock data would be very interesting, we collect it in the thread "K98k Laminate Stock Date and Supplier Codes": Link

In general it would be nice when you show some additional photos, as example the barrel bands.

Regards,
Stephan

Hi. There is no penciled manufacturing date anywhere. Here are some more pics. The barrel channel and hand guard are serial matching internally but I just reassembled the gun and don't want to break it down again for pics. Cheers

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG