Third Party Press

DSM34 Bolt Ejection Issue: Questions for the Experts

WreckTangle

Mad Dog 20/20 Connoisseur (RIP Brother 06-05-203)
I purchased a 1935 Waffenstadt receivered DSM34 and am having some issues with the rifle ejecting the shells.

Some notes: Upon inspection the bolt's s/n doesnt match the rifle. The stock is missing the correct Waffenstadt Haenel maker stamp. So I think this may be a put together from other 22 trainers?

The bolt fires in my JGA and Waffenstadt trainers. It looks the same as the DSM34 trainers, seperate the bolt face.

Is this a DSM34 bolt? What maker did it come off of (if possible to tell) and is this the first revision or 2nd (there were some changes right?)?

Let me know if more pictures are needed.

Attachments

• DSM Bolt 34 Face Issue_01.jpg
    DSM Bolt 34 Face Issue_01.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSM Bolt 34 Face Issue_02.jpg
    DSM Bolt 34 Face Issue_02.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSM Bolt 34 Face Issue_05.jpg
    DSM Bolt 34 Face Issue_05.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 35
Alright, after doing some research I think I've determined the issue. Please correct me if I am wrong. There are two versions (early vs. late). The early versions of the DSM34 bolts have a longer extractor groove while the later model bolts have shorter extractor grooves and this most likely is what is causing extracting issues.

What makers had the shorter extractor grooves?

You are on track

1. Yes you have the 36 variation bolt and surprised that it works at all in your gun. (Ejector box modified?)

2. Virtually all the DSM makers made the early pattern with only a few making the 36 version.

3. Review the sticky "DSM34/36" the information you need is all there, and there are pictures of the two types ejector boxes.

4. You might try a WTT in the trader - your bolt for an early one.

1. Yes you have the 36 variation bolt and surprised that it works at all in your gun. (Ejector box modified?)

2. Virtually all the DSM makers made the early pattern with only a few making the 36 version.

3. Review the sticky "DSM34/36" the information you need is all there, and there are pictures of the two types ejector boxes.

4. You might try a WTT in the trader - your bolt for an early one.

Thanks for the info.

The bolt came off a mis-match 1935 Waffenstadt in the 93xx serial range (my other Waffenstadt is a 1935 s/n 6000ish which has the early bolt). Interestingly it fires in both my earlier 1935 Waffenstadt and also my JGA (which is interesting because it has the N commercial proof, but an early bolt style--I guess they never switched over like you said. After some more research I found out that it won't eject the round because the early verse late bolt variations have different extractor groove lengths.

Does anyone know at about what S/N range Mauser DSM34s started to switch over to the DSM36 and thus the 2nd bolt variation?

Military Rifle Journal
Back