Third Party Press

Where to buy?

sombra

Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum. I discovered it by watching a Hickok video on the K98k.

I am researching and preparing to purchase a fine Nazi period rifle.

I have used Gunbroker several times and would like to know if it is the best place to do so (realizing there are
good and bad examples of all things on GB).

Also, are rifles sold through this forum (I'm guessing not, I didn't see where)?

Watching and buying of this forum's trader is your best bet...it is very closely watched, and any rifle thats shows up for sale will be good...or it is called out very fast, and gone...

You couldn't ask for a group of more truly trustworthy and good guys as those on this site...

You can buy with confidence here, we police ourselves, and allow no shenanigans.

If you have questions on anything offered here, you can always IM any of the long time members and ask questions...though be warned, most rifles up for sale usually don't last too long...

Especially if some cat named Bruce puts it out there, a few minutes tops usually with those....:laugh:

Local shows, small gun stores, or even estate sales are fine but you need to have the knowledge and information before you can make purchases like that unless they're really cheap. I have scored great deals over the years but I learned the ropes first, bought the books first, and had a lot of knowledge under my belt before I started buying rifles. Remember there's a lot of fake rifles out there and you need to be able to tell what's fake and what's real.

I've seen plenty of collectors over the years thinking they scored a great deal and when we had to tell them that unfortunately their rifle is fake and it was put together. They were pretty upset, they had a lot of money wrapped up in it.

I was a noob when I got my first K98 and got burned. I jumped on the forums AFTER purchasing the rifle, wish I had done so before hand. I ended up selling it locally and it went to a good home. I was honest with the buyer about the rifle and they were still happy with it.

A good place to start is the picture reference thread. It has many correct examples of all the makers and years along with the community discussions about the rifle. It takes time but it's best to wait and learn. Get a shooter in the meantime.

You'll find that there isn't a better bunch of guys out there than here on this forum. Many have been collecting for decades and some are the experts in the k98 collecting field. Stick around, read threads, post questions--everyone will chime in to help you make the right decision. When your ready to purchase you can post a WTB (Want to Buy) ad in the Trader Section. You can't go wrong there.

Here is the best place to buy. If you find one in the wild ask one of the more knowledgeable members here first or make a post. Include plenty of good pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I will research and keep an eye out here. Sounds like the safest way to get what I want....which is an all matching, high quality rifle.

hickcock & Ian are just faces on a youtube, they regurgitate the same crap usually wrong

you want to learn read and re-read the threads here till you cant stand it, then buy the books sold here

hickcock & Ian are just faces on a youtube, they regurgitate the same crap usually wrong

you want to learn read and re-read the threads here till you cant stand it, then buy the books sold here

I can tell you this do not buy a FN-49 based on Ian's recent YouTube video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back