Third Party Press

Question about Repo Stocks K43 AC45 C Block

WreckTangle

Mad Dog 20/20 Connoisseur (RIP Brother 06-05-203)
Have an all matching K43 Ac45 Dual Guide in the 54XX C Block that was crappily duffle cut, heavily sanded and lacquered. Now before you all puke all over your keyboards I got a great deal on it at an auction where A) no one knew what it was and B) I found 3 mags in a rubbermaid container with trash in it and got them for free.

I've shot it a few times (less than 30 rounds through it... now the duffle cut is coming loose.

Since it is impossible to find an original late unmolested unserialized stock I'm leaning towards getting a repo down the line when I have the money. Will a repo stock from Fox Military (or anywhere else) fit a late C block AC45?

2nd Question: I've decided I won't shoot it again... is it even worth getting a repo stock?

Attachments

• K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_06.jpg
    K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_06.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 65
  • K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_04.jpg
    K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_04.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 57
  • K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_05.jpg
    K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_05.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 59
  • K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_03.jpg
    K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_03.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 55
  • K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_02.jpg
    K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_02.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 48
  • K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_01.jpg
    K43AC45DUFFLECUT_COMPRESSED_01.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 55
The repro stock would be good if you intended to shoot it some more and you turned the rifle into a shooter. What happens sometimes is that a mismatched rifle, with a correct late stock, could come available someday. You could go that route. It will take a while in finding one like that though. Finding those extra mags was great! Receiver and bolt carrier look great and match.

It's my first matching German rifle... I've been wanting to collect k98s and G/K43s ever since highschool but never was able to get one. So when this opportunity came about I jumped on it. So, even with the duffle cut I still have that spot in my heart for it. I don't want to it to break so I'll look for a mismatch to have some fun with.

When I did shoot it I had some trouble with the rear recoil spring guide getting bent which was causing bolt issues... luckily Darren Weaver had some parts that he sent me that fixed the issue. It's all good now.

Maybe I will get lucky and find a stock.

At the auction only one other person knew what it was. Got it for $1200 out the door with one mag. Found the other mags after the lot and was given them for free since it was for the rifle. Mags are probably worth what I paid for the rifle alone.

All are aye's with the additional G43 and K43 markings.

Thanks for the info Tiger!

Attachments

• K43Mags_396_01.jpg
    K43Mags_396_01.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 14
  • K43Mags_395_02.jpg
    K43Mags_395_02.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 24
Have an all matching K43 Ac45 Dual Guide in the 54XX C Block that was crappily duffle cut, heavily sanded and lacquered. Now before you all puke all over your keyboards I got a great deal on it at an auction where A) no one knew what it was and B) I found 3 mags in a rubbermaid container with trash in it and got them for free.

I've shot it a few times (less than 30 rounds through it... now the duffle cut is coming loose.

Since it is impossible to find an original late unmolested unserialized stock I'm leaning towards getting a repo down the line when I have the money. Will a repo stock from Fox Military (or anywhere else) fit a late C block AC45?

2nd Question: I've decided I won't shoot it again... is it even worth getting a repo stock?

I bought a repro 98K PPU Fox stock and have been very pleased with it. The maker can furnish any finish or markings you want, including proofs and serial number. These are very convincing. To me, one of these is just the ticket to replace an original that's been ruined when the metal portions of the rifle are very nice.

Remember, Walther alone made some product improvements to the K43 right at the end of the war. One of these changes relocated the recoil lug. Make sure you order the correct stock.

http://fox-military.com/en/

I bought a repro 98K PPU Fox stock and have been very pleased with it. The maker can furnish any finish or markings you want, including proofs and serial number. These are very convincing. To me, one of these is just the ticket to replace an original that's been ruined when the metal portions of the rifle are very nice.

Remember, Walther alone made some product improvements to the K43 right at the end of the war. One of these changes relocated the recoil lug. Make sure you order the correct stock.

http://fox-military.com/en/

Agree on the stocks from Les Fox. I got one for a qve45 k43. Fitted perfectly. Just make sure you tell him what maker you have and what length the hand guard is.

Les is excellent. Just have to wait 6 months to get it because he is so popular.

Military Rifle Journal
Back