Third Party Press

Questions

sombra

I have begun research for a purchase, of course I have questions that so far I haven't found answers for.

1. What are the most desirable models? I keep seeing bnz 45 and such but I went into this thinking the earlier (1937 until 1942 or so) models were a little better made/detailed.

2. How important is the duffel cut? Am I correct that it matters to some collectors and not at all to others?

3. If you own a Nazi period high quality rifle...do you shoot it? I want a real high quality/matching rifle but I would like to shoot it also. Does that mean I
probably need 2 rifles, a shooter and a collector?

4. Are genuine SS models unicorns?

I have begun research for a purchase, of course I have questions that so far I haven't found answers for.

1. What are the most desirable models? I keep seeing bnz 45 and such but I went into this thinking the earlier (1937 until 1942 or so) models were a little better made/detailed. It depends on your likes, brunettes, blondes reds... all a little different I like X, and my friend likes Y.... not sure what we like is necessary what you should like.

2. How important is the duffel cut? Am I correct that it matters to some collectors and not at all to others? Correct, it depends on the collector. Most are happier w/o a cut, but many are fine w/ a cut under the rear band

3. If you own a Nazi period high quality rifle...do you shoot it? I want a real high quality/matching rifle but I would like to shoot it also. Does that mean I
probably need 2 rifles, a shooter and a collector? The rifles (generally) are not fragile but condition is.... two rifles are always better than one

4. Are genuine SS models unicorns?
#4 no.... some were mfg by contract for the ss

Thanks Bob.

As for question 2, I have been looking at a lot of the pictures in the reference section. The guns with darker stocks and bluing seem to
catch my eye.....although a few of the light colored stocks are beauties also, lol. The old blonde vs. brunette thing.

One thing I don't particularly care for is the white on the markings that some models have.

I like a rifle that has an "honest use" look, but not a ragged out look. A few examples looked like they hadn't seen much action at all. Of course those are nice also.
The only things I am sure of are that I want a real nice example of a Nazi period rifle.

I'll keep an eye out here on the Trader Forum and post a WTB.

Military Rifle Journal
Back