Third Party Press

Bcd 4 lsr

I recently acquired an LSR "sniper". I worded it that way because I know some of the parts are reproductions or not correct (i.e. the scope is a post war Hensoldt). The good news is the rifle is one of the BCD 4s with the heavy wall receiver (see picture) so I'm sure that's correct. However, I don't know which of the other parts are correct and I'm hoping someone can give me some help in determining that. I've included pictures of the scope base and mount. Is there anything in particular to look for? They both have a very small 359 waffenampt and the mount is numbered to the rifle. Do the repros have those waffenampts? It has an unmarked extended safety and the "sniper" buttplate (also unmarked). Is there any way to tell if they are original or repro? Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN2923.jpg
    DSCN2923.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN2924.jpg
    DSCN2924.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN2925.jpg
    DSCN2925.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN2926.jpg
    DSCN2926.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 99
Thanks for sharing your rifle. We will need to see a lot more pictures to make a better determination. Your rifle is blued so it is likely a Sauer rifle (if original). I like the scope base but not the scope mount. Yes fakers have the Waffenampt stamps to apply to fake mounts. Yes there is a way to tell if the checkered butt plate is original or not. Please post a picture of it. Hope this helps.

I recently acquired an LSR "sniper". I worded it that way because I know some of the parts are reproductions or not correct (i.e. the scope is a post war Hensoldt). The good news is the rifle is one of the BCD 4s with the heavy wall receiver (see picture) so I'm sure that's correct. However, I don't know which of the other parts are correct and I'm hoping someone can give me some help in determining that. I've included pictures of the scope base and mount. Is there anything in particular to look for? They both have a very small 359 waffenampt and the mount is numbered to the rifle. Do the repros have those waffenampts? It has an unmarked extended safety and the "sniper" buttplate (also unmarked). Is there any way to tell if they are original or repro? Thanks!

My LSR is only 11 rifles earlier than yours. The base mount and upper mount both look good, however I don't like the tension lever or lock nut. The 359 code was primarily used by Walther, although these mounts were not attributed to them, they came from the same region that shared the 359 WaA. As far as the safety, it should be stamped with the last 2 digits of your rifle on one side, and a tiny WaA c10 on the other. If it's unmarked, it's most likely a repro. Post a photo of your buttplate, we'll be able to tell if it's legit. Welcome

More pictures

Thanks for everyone's help. I am posting more pictures. As mentioned, the scope is post war so I know it's not correct. The buttplate looks old. There are no markings on it. There are no markings on the safety. The floorplate is qnw. Bands are unmarked. Rear sight base is marked 18. Bottom of barrel is avk Ce. I cannot make out the number in the stock channel. The butt is marked Br. The handguard is numbered to match. One very weird thing. On the barrel above the serial number it's stamped 8 X 57. The rifle is not an import so I have no idea where it has been.

Attachments

• DSCN2971.jpg
    DSCN2971.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN2974.jpg
    DSCN2974.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN2975.jpg
    DSCN2975.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN2944.jpg
    DSCN2944.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN2945.jpg
    DSCN2945.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN2946.jpg
    DSCN2946.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN2947.jpg
    DSCN2947.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN2977.jpg
    DSCN2977.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN2978.jpg
    DSCN2978.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN2948.jpg
    DSCN2948.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 78
Don't like the safety or butt plate. Rifle looks refinished. I can't tell what the code is on top the receiver. What is the rifle serial number? I am guessing this is a sporter rescue finished with a lot of repro sniper parts.

Reproduction buttplate for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a "749". As Matt pointed out the entire rifle was refinished as it would have been originally phosphate. Safety is junk.

So the rifle matches the scope? Wonder if it’s restamped
To match the scope or its original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Butt Plate is the French Reproduction/Copy and Safety is certainly not Original .

Military Rifle Journal
Back