Third Party Press

G98/40 for sale on CalGuns

A quick go through on the pics, it looks good...

And it comes with a sling, rod, and the unobtanium sight hood...so assuming I am not missing anything, price probably isn't bad...but I haven't been really tracking current prices on these...

This isn't technically an auction, but, by posting it in the open forum, you may attract someone that will jump on it quickly...you are probably better off PM this to some of the guys and asking...

Its kinda like throwing chum in the water...:behindsofa:

Given the pitting on the bolt, and various other small issues, not least of which the stock sanding, this is over priced imho. Here’s an untouched wrist for comparison, I would hold out for a better example personally.

Attachments

• 390C350A-91A7-45C4-A013-355FF9CBE614.jpg
    390C350A-91A7-45C4-A013-355FF9CBE614.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 56
Given the pitting on the bolt, and various other small issues, not least of which the stock sanding, this is over priced imho. Here’s an untouched wrist for comparison, I would hold out for a better example personally.

You think? Yeah, saw the pitting, and it does look like it was sanded...but figure the sling is, what, $125, rod, if real, $50, and hood, I would guess you'd have to pay $200 if you could find one...

I guess its all in how much a hit you give it for the issues...

Yeah for real, and I guess some people don’t care about sanded stocks :googlie

No, from what I’ve seen at auction over the past couple years a less than top shelf example of ________ (you fill in the blank, especially if it’s WWII German) might bring the same money as a near flawless example of that same item on any given day. It just amazes me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, from what I’ve seen at auction over the past couple years a less than top shelf example of ________ (you fill in the blank, especially if it’s WWII German) might bring the same money as a near flawless example of that same item on any given day. It just amazes me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G98/40's typically aren't expensive unless they are excellent condition or better. On the other hand, if you get two folks who have to have that rifle, the sale amount can go anywhere. When people ask me the value on these I usually tell them to expect to pay about what one would be for a similar condition dot 1944. The G98/40 sight hoods ARE expensive though.

Military Rifle Journal
Back