Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ERMA wood?

Default ERMA wood?

Alright, I just got my hands on a pretty piece of wood and I'm just not 100% on who made it and when. I'm pretty sure its ERMA in the 1935-1936 range, but for some reason I cant find many examples of stocks from them from that time period . If anyone could confirm that for me I'd appreciate it very much!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glad to see you got it, I bid once then clapped out, Iím not sure if isnít a 1936 Borsigwalde, I donít know exactly when the 211 transition occurred? Somebody will!

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    Glad to see you got it, I bid once then clapped out, Iím not sure if isnít a 1936 Borsigwalde, I donít know exactly when the 211 transition occurred? Somebody will!
    I think you owe me a couple of bucks fly . Joking, I'll take good care of it. I'm not either that's what has me questioning myself. The markings under the H acceptance are a little larger than the S/27G in the PR index and there isn't a 36 Borgiswalde or ERMA that I could find in there. I've been going through google but I can't find many (any) original stocked examples.

Youíre lucky I just bought 10 rifles or I would have bid again haha! Actually if I had realized it was anyoneís handle here I wouldnít have bid anyway. Congrats, thatís a nice stock, and youíre right these early rifles can be hard to track down for reference for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    Youíre lucky I just bought 10 rifles or I would have bid again haha! Actually if I had realized it was anyoneís handle here I wouldnít have bid anyway. Congrats, thatís a nice stock, and youíre right these early rifles can be hard to track down for reference for sure.
    Ten rifles? Good lord. I am very fortunate then haha. Thanks!

I found a Norway capture that sold years ago that's a no letter 1936 S/243 and has the 211 code.

Yeah I just checked, my C block 1937 is 211 also, later ones are 280, so I wonder if this is the very earliest of the 280 transition before the droop eagles were dropped??

That's possible, but it doesn't appear to have a suffix and the sn is 975. But I should be able to tell for sure if there's no letter after I brush and oil off a little of the rust on the BP. There is a little smudge under the SN on the keel which may be a suffix but I can't make it out if it's supposed to be a letter. There isn't one in the BC. we'll see!

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

Not sure if it's of any use but I've seen 38 bSw's with the droop eagles still on the wood. Maybe Erma did too? What is the position of the cleaning rod ferrul in the stock? Build date under the BP? Pretty sure I see a "t" suffix on the BP.
    Last edited by mowzerluvr; 07-19-2019 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by mowzerluvr View Post
    Not sure if it's of any use but I've seen 38 bSw's with the droop eagles still on the wood. Maybe Erma did too? What is the position of the cleaning rod ferrul in the stock? Build date under the BP? Pretty sure I see a "t" suffix on the BP.
    Cleaning rod ferrule is under the rear band, there is no marking under the BP that I saw. We are exploring the possibility that this is a later 36 Borgiswalde. It might even be a 37, i think 280 came in around then, but I havent seen droopy eagles on a 37 stock yet. best Ive seen were f and g blocks ans they had the eagle/swastika marks. Still looking around. The resin stock in the pri has droopy eagles but they are 211.