Third Party Press

DK store open!!

This will NEVER happen. They seem to be the only group, in the world of guns, that cannot import a sporterized version of anything.

It’s funny how absolutely no other gun company has issues with the ATF. Even HK has been sending pistol versions of their rifles in... and even single-stack rifles. I use them as an example because they are German as well.

Most of us have zero desire to bend flats and use 75 year old parts or pay 10k making one with parts we might be able to get from Germany.

So, yeah, an actual rifle/pistol will never happen.

PTR probably would have kept importing them but we all know what happened there.

ETA:
I know this supposed process has been going on for many years. I could give you a list of probably 20-30 different guns that have made it here, from all over the world, without any problems, in the exact same time-frame. Has zero to do with politics or the ATF.

Really, the only way to shut me up would be for DK to post their ATF denial letters. All of them. Redact any sensitive info, of course.

Occam’s razor, guys.

I don't know about NEVER but it's not looking good, just seems to be one excuse after another over the last +10 years. WTF ? I also don't understand why all types of AK47/AKM's can be imported from all over Europe but we cant get these MP44 type guns here in the U.S. Are these guns any more dangerous than the AK's? I don't think so.

I don't know about NEVER but it's not looking good, just seems to be one excuse after another over the last +10 years. WTF ? I also don't understand why all types of AK47/AKM's can be imported from all over Europe but we cant get these MP44 type guns here in the U.S. Are these guns any more dangerous than the AK's? I don't think so.
Some of those AK s are now illegal to import. There was also HK types of rifles imported from Turkey that was imported as pistols, they are now gone ( exept MP5 clone). The new rules of a maximum length of pistols, did not make it easy. The 38 we have was denied 2 times, first time it was to easy to convert to FA. Second sample was not able to convert to FA, but suddenly the ATF wanted another safety on it. The 44 need another way to restrict the use of high cap mags, like other brand of rifles that is now not legal to import. BD44 is to long to be imported as a pistol, with the original barrel length.

Last edited:
Most of us have zero desire to bend flats and use 75 year old parts or pay 10k making one with parts we might be able to get from Germany.

"Most of us..."
Really? Then why do MP44 parts kits and piece parts always sell in record time, unless they are repros and priced like (or fraudulently offered as) mint originals?

"Most of us..."
Really? Then why do MP44 parts kits and piece parts always sell in record time, unless they are repros and priced like (or fraudulently offered as) mint originals?

Thank you. boy I did all I could to not reply to that post, so I went to the range for 2 hours

his first post no less

Yeah how about that?? Nobody wants to mess with a MPxx parts kit? I've been looking for almost 10 years and 'almost' got one here or there. They always seem to go high.

I saw a really nice complete parts kit sell at the last Knob Creek show back in 2019 for almost $8,000.

You only have credibility until you don’t.

That said, when you think of the firearms community writ large, I’m sure the majority “don’t want to..” but I’m also sure the majority would love to have a sturmgewehr.

As far as parts kits go.. they don’t last long on the open market unless there’s something wrong with them.

You only have credibility until you don’t.

That said, when you think of the firearms community writ large, I’m sure the majority “don’t want to..” but I’m also sure the majority would love to have a sturmgewehr.

As far as parts kits go.. they don’t last long on the open market unless there’s something wrong with them.

I have moved on from buying complete firearms to making hard to source parts for incomplete specimen to rewelding parts kits into semi-auto configuration to building entire rifles from scratch.
It is a highly satisfying occupation. My latest project is the recreation of the little known Mauser "Gerät 06H" which has kicked my a$$ hard at every turn so far.

I saw a really nice complete parts kit sell at the last Knob Creek show back in 2019 for almost $8,000.

Yeah I'm sure. They are certainly highly desirable and somewhat more rare than MP40 kits. Also from what I've seen is ones with 'issues' range from $5000 ish and up depending how bad the issues are. There was a really nice 2 saw cut one I wanted out of Vegas but it went for almost $9k.

last week I saw a want ad on Sturm, guy was looking for MP-44 /stg44 kit, so I sent him a few pictures of my spare kit late war steyr, he ask what the price was??

I told him the last nice condition kit I saw for sale around the holidays sold for just under 9K, that decent parts kits start around 7K , maybe 6K if missing parts or incomplete

he shot back, he did know how expensive the kits were!!!!! WTF talk about lack of research or he was looking for a bargain.

love the want ads

just before the shanghai shivers, I saw about 10 want ads looking for a East German ak-74 kit w/ original barrel. So I answered them told them, they start at 5k I could hear the crickets, again no research

they just want, want, want. I have resigned my self to stop answering these ads

Those guys are obvious bottom feeders. They've always existed but seem to come out of the woodwork in times of crisis, especially financial. They'll feign ignorance or attack you over price trying to get a steal off you. Again quite typical. Or they'll throw out a price you know was the going rate a decade or 2 ago

FWIW I haven't seen one under $5k in probably 5 years and even those were f'd up pretty bad. Hell even that POS E-Lite sold that was made up of like 3 or 4 guns AND was missing parts went over 5k IIRC.

They are valuable right now. I am personally on the hunt for two kits to make two semi’s with my DK receiver shells.

I think we’re beating a dead horse here. So Dingo, what’s it gonna take to import the parts we can easily, and source American parts as required, and build them here in the states? If you did this solely for the Mp44 clone at the right price there would be a market. Anything more exotic would not have a large enough market to justify anything imho.

I have long considered picking up a kit but I too have had a bit of sticker shock. Bottom end prices seem to be around 5k, as has been mentioned. I've debated if I really need an all matching kit for a semi-auto build or if a "bitser" would serve the purpose. I do like the idea of having a single rifle vs pieces of several though.

Last edited:
Dingo, why not a limited partnership with SMG, or subcontract them to assemble BD-44’s for you? You can get all the unique (stamped for instance) parts, they can source all the easy parts, this is a win win for everyone.

Has anyone actually folded a receiver shell?

Using the DK jig you can only get it halfway bent. First you run out of space to go down because it bottoms out AND the inner jig won't let it close any more also because the narrowest part of the flat contacts the male jig. It's also next to impossible to center the flat since there are no alignment pins.

Hi. Finally some god news today, got import papers for complete 44 kits. With the papers i have for flats, and complete tools for 44 on the way from Germany i looks like we will start completing rifles in a few months. I also got papers for complete kits for the 38, and a unfinished tube is for evaluation with the ATF. looks like we are a little closer to the finish line now. D

I have a little question for you: Do you think the 44 shall have ZF4 rail? . I was thinkin to maybe have the ZF4 rail only on the MP43/1? I don remember, but I think I have only seen 43/1 with the ZF4 rails. This will also open for production of the 43/1 and the close bolt MKB42H.

Military Rifle Journal
Back