Third Party Press

Pic, German NCO With MP40

tsmgguy

The MP40 looks small in his hands, so he must have been a big guy. Looks like he's using a 98K sling.

Attachments

• MP40NCO.jpg
    MP40NCO.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 206
This photo is from "Waffen SS im Westen" book. It is from French campaign in 1940. The guy is an officer and the gun probably an MP38. If you look at the photo all of them seem to be tall. These were the days when they could and did observe tight height and physical standards for their recruits especially for the SSVT.

Jack

I second TOK on the gun being a MP38 rear grip looks of MP38 style, which is slightly different then the MP40, but more like a MP36.

I’ve seen this pic before. It is definitely early given the uniforms and gear. Looks like they’ve mud smeared their helmets for camo. Probably Belgium or France, PK pic.

I’ve seen this pic before. It is definitely early given the uniforms and gear. Looks like they’ve mud smeared their helmets for camo. Probably Belgium or France, PK pic.

You are right, the PK man was Friedrich Zschäckel and it's printed in the book "Waffen SS im Westen" from 1941. Here are more pictures: Link

Thanks for the link. Some great pictures.

Ham, look how clearly you can see their helmets in this one.

WaffenSS-West-077.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back